The Student Room Group

ELLB1F: Food Glorious Food

Hi,

Is anyone else doing this exam on 14th May? I'm relatively prepared for all of my exams apart from this one, the teaching is very poor and I honestly don't have any idea what I'm meant to do, particularly in terms of structuring an answer.

If anyone could give me any tips in terms of how to revise, or give an example of an answer then they would be a life saver.

Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I am doing this exam as a re-take and tbh i'm struggling with it too. I do have a layout that can help you revise though. Unfortunately it isn't a link it's a document so do you wanna leave your email n I'll send it to you?

Hope it helps!
Reply 2
Original post by joddikins
Hey! I am doing this exam as a re-take and tbh i'm struggling with it too. I do have a layout that can help you revise though. Unfortunately it isn't a link it's a document so do you wanna leave your email n I'll send it to you?

Hope it helps!

Hi! I'm struggling with this exam as well :frown:

Exam technique/structure is my main issue. Is there any chance you'd be able to send that document to me as well please?

Hope it helps!

I've PM'ed you my e-mail address. Thanks a lot!
Hey I got the same exam, it is just hard revising for it! I'm finding it's easiest to just do a load of essay practice. It probably is the best way to do it
Reply 5
Thanks for your post! :smile: I did this exam last year and completely chose the wrong texts too.

How many points would you make for the 64 marker? I think my problem is that I make too many points and not enough analysis.

Good luck with the exam :smile:

Hope it helps!

Hey would you beable to send me the link to please,): the layout in struggling thank you!:smile: xx
Reply 7
Thanks so much for this :smile:, I'll PM you.
Reply 8
Hi i have this exam also on Wednesday for the second time, i chose the completely wrong texts! Has anyone been practising possible themes of food they think could appear on the exam?
Has anyone got any modal answers/structures they wouldn't mind sending this way please?
Original post by NorwichCityFC
Has anyone got any modal answers/structures they wouldn't mind sending this way please?

I do :smile: send me your email and il send you them xxx
Original post by Britishsunset
I do :smile: send me your email and il send you them xxx

I've PM'ed you my e-mail address. Thank you!! :smile:
Ohhhh damn what texts would you use for the history one then?????
Reply 13
Food with history is a really hard one
Reply 14
that would be such a horrible question

i hope aqa are really nice with the steer?
what does it mean by history though?
Reply 16
Original post by natalievarney
what does it mean by history though?

thats what i mean

that would be so limited
me and a friend have just discussed it and thought you could compare "that surprising craig girl" with the "salty dog" crisp packets because they are both forms of advertising but show changes through history of one type of text?
Reply 18
In my opinion with the history scenario I would use text 9 and text 27 as they are similar in the fact that in the past diet had been misinterpreted. For example, text 9 shows the importance of beef and in the past Torode explains that he "couldn't even find a good sausage" or whatever the quote it and people thought beef had all these different diseases and this wasn't accurate. Similarly, text 27 shows how inaccurate Oliver Twist was due to food, the last paragraph has all sorts of rhetorical questions which you can sway towards in your answer. That's my opinion anyway. By the way thanks for the help on structuring, this thread has helped a lot.
Couldn't you use text, 4 and 5 though they are about culture they concern personal history. If we can use personal history we could use text 2, and text 9 I suppose .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply