The Student Room Group

Parents forcing me to consume foods I do not want to

I am a very healthy person, normal weight, exercise frequently.

I am forced to eat processed food and my parents hide foods I do not like in my meal so then I have to eat it as it is my meal and I will have nothing else to eat.

What do I do? For example, I keep being given white bread and do not want this

Thanks in advance for your reply

Scroll to see replies

Why are they forcing you to eat this? Normally parents try and do opposite. Confused:confused:
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen
Why are they forcing you to eat this? Normally parents try and do opposite. Confused:confused:

It’s really sad ☹️
Maybe discuss it with them and try and find out what their intentions are? Maybe they don’t want you to lose too much weight or something, since you said you’re healthy and exercise frequently. I dont know, it sounds a bit odd
Reply 4
Original post by Teribblestudent
Maybe discuss it with them and try and find out what their intentions are? Maybe they don’t want you to lose too much weight or something, since you said you’re healthy and exercise frequently. I dont know, it sounds a bit odd

No, I’m a normal weight but my parents and siblings are generally unhealthy. They sneak things into my food
Just buy food with your own money?
Original post by propergoodman
It’s really sad ☹️

You sound like you do look after yourself and I don't understand why they would do this to you. Can you not ask them to buy you healthy food eg brown bread if you don't like white for instance? Why are they sneaking unhealty food? I really don't get it.
Reply 7
Cook for yourself....
You can't complain if you're eating their food. Make your own food if you want a healthy diet.
Original post by Kathy89
Cook for yourself....

I think the OP does not have the ingredients or the money to buy it and depends on his parents. I might be wrong tho
I think the OP does not have the ingredients or the money to buy it and depends on his parents. I might be wrong tho

U are right, I have no money can not work or cannot cook my own food so it is very upsetting
U are right, I have no money can not work or cannot cook my own food so it is very upsetting

That's not good. Tell your mum how you feel and what she can do to sort this out for you. I am not understanding why they do this to you.
That's not good. Tell your mum how you feel and what she can do to sort this out for you. I am not understanding why they do this to you.

I am a very healthy person, normal weight, exercise frequently.

I am forced to eat processed food and my parents hide foods I do not like in my meal so then I have to eat it as it is my meal and I will have nothing else to eat.

What do I do? For example, I keep being given white bread and do not want this

Thanks in advance for your reply

did you sort this out now?
How do they hide it in your food
Could you maybe tell them that you would prefer brown bread as normally its the same price
did you sort this out now?

Yes 😀
Reply 15
Obviously, you need to discuss with them why they are doing this. It's weird.
Yes 😀

Good. How did you sort this out?
Good. How did you sort this out?

I just said I'm not putting up with it :smile:
I just said I'm not putting up with it :smile:

Is that all it took? Are they giving you a choice of healthy food now?
Is that all it took? Are they giving you a choice of healthy food now?

To some extent, but overall yes :smile: However, the weirdness has began to creep back in again in regards to hiding stuff in my food. That means I will probably have to have another conversation!!! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest