The Student Room Group

How to increase my appetite

I don't like it when my mum forces me to eat more, I like eating whenever I want and I have been watching food competition shows like MasterChef and usually it makes me want to eat but for some reason it's not now
Get into nutrition as a side hobby. Get into cooking as a hobby. With cooking also involving you gathering your own ingredients.

Delicious food tends to be moreish. Ideally, delicious food should be relatively healthy and cheap or free.

There's the psychology of you eating something that you've prepared.
Don't worry if your first attempts at making something turn out awful. It's all part of the fun.

Masterchef is a fun watch. However, great food doesn't have to be complicated. Simple "rustic looking" food can be great too.
Reply 2
Original post by Anony345533
I don't like it when my mum forces me to eat more, I like eating whenever I want and I have been watching food competition shows like MasterChef and usually it makes me want to eat but for some reason it's not now

How to increase your appetite (tried and tested :smile:): eat a little more than normal. Repeat for a few days/weeks. Then up the amount again, once you've got used to it. You'll feel full, you'll feel bloated, but it'll get better. If you think about a certain food, eat it your body's trying to tell you something, and it deserves to be honoured.

* by "a little more than normal" I mean: a) increase your portion sizes, and b) add in a few additional snacks throughout the day

You might think "oh I don't need that" or "I'm not that hungry", but (considering your posting history) that's probably just your brain tricking you. Your body needs food to survive, function, and post on TSR :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest