The Student Room Group

What should i do if my exams are now in 2 days

The only way to really revise for English is to see if you can do any past papers to see what kind of topics come up and improve your comprehension skills. English doesn't really need much revision tbh

For maths, do you know what tier you're doing? Do LOTS of past papers for the tier you're doing and look up any topics you don't understand/ get wrong in the past paper. I did the 6-8 last week and the same topics seem to come up (it was the third 'official' 6-8, one for the year 8 end of year exams, another for this year's mocks and the other last week). You should revise topics like factorisation, solving linear equations, interpreting data, ratio and so on if you're doing the 6-8.

Can't help with Science as we did GCSE topics for our exam but using bitesize can't hurt. Also check out some past papers.

TL;DR : do past papers; they help
Good luck for your exams tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not taking English but from my experiences, do a few past papers and read the mark schemes carefully, highlight the key words that the exam board want you to use. And also, do look at what they reject or what they ignore so that you won't waste time on writing things that they don't count for marks. Good luck! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
The only way to really revise for English is to see if you can do any past papers to see what kind of topics come up and improve your comprehension skills. English doesn't really need much revision tbh

For maths, do you know what tier you're doing? Do LOTS of past papers for the tier you're doing and look up any topics you don't understand/ get wrong in the past paper. I did the 6-8 last week and the same topics seem to come up (it was the third 'official' 6-8, one for the year 8 end of year exams, another for this year's mocks and the other last week). You should revise topics like factorisation, solving linear equations, interpreting data, ratio and so on if you're doing the 6-8.

Can't help with Science as we did GCSE topics for our exam but using bitesize can't hurt. Also check out some past papers.

TL;DR : do past papers; they help
Good luck for your exams tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks a lot we are doing 6-8
Original post by poydtreechada
I am not taking English but from my experiences, do a few past papers and read the mark schemes carefully, highlight the key words that the exam board want you to use. And also, do look at what they reject or what they ignore so that you won't waste time on writing things that they don't count for marks. Good luck! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending