The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You're going to get a load of weight lifters telling you how **** you are because you have a different interest.

I suggest that not being hypocrite isn't your strongest feature.
How can you not accept that weightlifting is an interest that other people enjoy, and then simultaneously demand that one should accept that everyone who doesn't wear 50s clothing should?
Original post by Red one
Probably for the same reason you're obsessed with 1950s attire.
Win. Repped you for this.
Original post by Othelo

Personally I prefer intelligent over gym-inclined, any day. The second girl reminds me of one of those beach-bunnies from Baywatch that couldn't spell their own name and although that's really shallow and aesthetic, isn't having a career based on the chance genetics that land a person in the physical circumstances they are in kinda shallow and aesthetic?

I find people attractive who say something I've not heard before, or who do interesting things and stand out of stereotype. I couldn't care less whether they work out or not.

Because everybody who works out is unintelligent. Right.

Original post by tehforum

It's funny how you think gym-inclined and intelligence are mutually exclusive.

I'd say that comment hit you right in the face.

Original post by ChickenMadness

Your prejudices and stereotypes don't determine whether someone is intelligent or not. Crawl back under your rock.

This is pretty funny, everybody is replying to Tyrion_Lannister for something Othelo said :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 63
[QUOTE="tehforum;47521452"]
Original post by Othelo

It's funny how you think gym-inclined and intelligence are mutually exclusive.

I'd say that comment hit you right in the face.

I don't think that at all. I think the person who pressurizes others into believing a muscular body is a necessity for attractiveness is probably not very intelligent, or at least is a bit of an egoistic control freak who demands people to be more perfect than they are genuinely capable of.

I just told you I was being deliberately shallow and aesthetic. It would be impossible for me to ascertain the woman's level of intelligence from her picture but you entirely missed the point. The point was, I much prefer someone who applies her mental capabilities and does something unique rather than the girl who was born with great genetics and makes her life's work with a bikini and some spray tan.
(edited 9 years ago)
I never said it did , that's not my post...

othelo is trolling with the quotes rofl.

Original post by Othelo

Personally I prefer intelligent over gym-inclined, any day. The second girl reminds me of one of those beach-bunnies from Baywatch that couldn't spell their own name and although that's really shallow and aesthetic, isn't having a career based on the chance genetics that land a person in the physical circumstances they are in kinda shallow and aesthetic?

I find people attractive who say something I've not heard before, or who do interesting things and stand out of stereotype. I couldn't care less whether they work out or not.

Your prejudices and stereotypes don't determine whether someone is intelligent or not. Crawl back under your rock.
[QUOTE="Othelo;47521425"]

Thats why you're an ugly c unt and with no game
Original post by manchesterunited15

too big muscularly and too hard

wut

Visible muscle in arms and looks "hard" to touch. I can see why you'd find her attractive but I personally don't like thAt body type
Reply 67
Cringe

:rofl: Couldn't resist
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH

This is pretty funny, everybody is replying to Tyrion_Lannister for something Othelo said :lol:

Awkward that you did the same thing for them
Reply 69
People have different preferences, it's not hard to understand.
Original post by tehforum
I suggest that not being hypocrite isn't your strongest feature.
How can you not accept that weightlifting is an interest that other people enjoy, and then simultaneously demand that one should accept that everyone who doesn't wear 50s clothing should?

I having said that :s merely asked why it's so prevalent on here
Original post by CJKay
- Because it's boring, stressful, exhausting and doesn't have any positive effects for many people

I spent a month lifting and excercising an hour every day. I lost about a stone, but I just hated it, I hated the diet, and I hated having to drag myself away from whatever I was doing.

Hehe, you were doing it wrong CJ Boy :ahee:

Wonder what you're diet was like though. I probably wouldn't even bother exercising regularly if I couldn't make healthy meals that didn't taste like ****.
Visible muscle in arms and looks "hard" to touch. I can see why you'd find her attractive but I personally don't like thAt body type

dat ass doesn't look hard to me
Original post by Red one
Probably for the same reason you're obsessed with 1950s attire.

Doesn't explain why it's so prevalent on here
Reply 74
Original post by maskofsanity
No, geeky, awkward, out-of-shape people are just unattractive. There's no facade, you're just deluded.

I guarantee if you built some muscle and learnt to be sociable you would stop feeling so bitter and insecure.

Yes because muscle is a direct line to a fantastic socal life and inner security. You are the kind of aesthetically minded idiot I meant when I posted the first comment. You shouldn't mistake disagreement with reductive social ideas for bitterness.
Awkward that you did the same thing for them

Lol yes, fixed now
dat ass doesn't look hard to me

Fair enough but it looks too "tough" to me
Doesn't explain why it's so prevalent on here

It's an illusion.

The ratio of 'weight-lifting related posts' to all posts is low.

An alternative explanation: weightlifters like to talk more
Another one: you like to read threads about weightlifting
Yet another one: there's more males than females on TSR
You're going to get a load of weight lifters telling you how **** you are because you have a different interest.

That's a bit far Tyrone :tongue:
I can see why you'd find her attractive but I personally don't like thAt body type

Eh? are you saying she and other men should comply to your standards of beauty?

Latest