The Student Room Group

Revision guide for A2 Sociology Unit on Power and Politics?

I know not many schools do the unit, but there has to be at least one decent revision guide for it. I hate the standard textbooks my school gives out and I have bought revision guides for all my other units, but I can't find one for this unit.
Reply 1
Reply 2
I'm doing P&P too its zoo long can't even get my head around it! i use the white AQA text book what you revising atm?
Reply 3
Original post by J_J
I'm doing P&P too its zoo long can't even get my head around it! i use the white AQA text book what you revising atm?

My school give us the white textbooks as well, but I hate it so much. I actually found two revision books with power and politics (CGP and Revision express) which are pretty useful. I've spent the last two days going over NSM and voting behavior. Those are the two topics I struggle with most, but I mainly find the rest of the course ok:smile: Hows your revision going?
Reply 4
its horrible I've just been going through pluralism, i have the CGP book to but never used it lol might just have to! any predictions? :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by J_J
its horrible I've just been going through pluralism, i have the CGP book to but never used it lol might just have to! any predictions? :frown:

I like the CGP book it has pretty much everything you need to know without going on too much about the one thing. The white book seems to go on and on about things you do not need to know. I don't mind all the different view points like Pluralism, Marxism etc. I think I know them all pretty well.
I have absolutely no idea what is going to come up, my teacher this year was terrible and never gave us revision notes or any predictions, so I'm just hoping something I know a bit about comes up:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest