The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get 220-240 UCAS points?

I'm in year 12 doing 4 A levels; media, law, English and history. I'm sitting the exams and expecting to get straight C's at a push due to lack of work and overall laziness, the chances are I could get straight D's except for media in which there is huge potential for an A as I got an A for the coursework and I have aced all the mock exams. I want to go to UCA (university for creative arts) to do a BA in film production. It says you need a minimum of 220-240 UCAS points as an entry requirement, if I get similar grades at the end of A2s as I think I'm going to get in AS, will I be able to get those UCAS points? Or have I messed up?
Of course just say you get 3C's that will be 240 points and if you get A/B in Media that can leave you with 340-360 ucas points

If you get 3D's that will 180 ucas points and if you get A/B in Media that will be 280-300 ucas points.

Are you going to drop a subject next year.
Well I've got 320 UCAS points I didn't even know I had. Can't be that hard.
Reply 3
Original post by abbasahmed786
Of course just say you get 3C's that will be 240 points and if you get A/B in Media that can leave you with 340-360 ucas points

If you get 3D's that will 180 ucas points and if you get A/B in Media that will be 280-300 ucas points.

Are you going to drop a subject next year.

Yeah I will drop one it's very strongly suggested, I'll either drop history or English depending on what grades I get for each
Reply 4
Original post by jake_c
I'm in year 12 doing 4 A levels; media, law, English and history. I'm sitting the exams and expecting to get straight C's at a push due to lack of work and overall laziness, the chances are I could get straight D's except for media in which there is huge potential for an A as I got an A for the coursework and I have aced all the mock exams. I want to go to UCA (university for creative arts) to do a BA in film production. It says you need a minimum of 220-240 UCAS points as an entry requirement, if I get similar grades at the end of A2s as I think I'm going to get in AS, will I be able to get those UCAS points? Or have I messed up?

An idiot like me has 400 UCAS points so I guess it is relatively easy. But it really does vary considerably from person to person.

However the joy of resits may salvage your a-levels from mediocrity
Original post by jake_c
Yeah I will drop one it's very strongly suggested, I'll either drop history or English depending on what grades I get for each

Orite just say you get 3D's and a B in Media you will get 280 points but just to let you know the subject you drop in second year you get only half points for example you get a D instead of 60 points you will get 30 so you will get 240 in total.

If you get better grades the more ucas points. Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending