The Student Room Group

Would you rather people thought your ex was great or not so great?

Say you overheard some people having a conversation, and they mentioned your ex girlfriend/boyfriend. Would you rather they were saying "she's so hot/he's so interesting/she's amazing etc. or would you rather they were saying "he's so ugly/she's so boring etc.

What would you rather people thought?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd rather everyone forgot they existed tbh:ninja:
Really couldn't care less
I wouldn't know I'm a nerd, forever alone :frown:
Reply 4
Your ex speaks a lot about you. So if you hate them what does that say about your judgement of character from a potential partners view on you.
Well I wouldn't care but out of the two options, I'd rather they were saying he's hot :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MidnightDream
Well I wouldn't care but out of the two options, I'd rather they were saying he's hot :smile:

The thing is then I'd be annoyed at letting him go :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Say you overheard some people having a conversation, and they mentioned your ex girlfriend/boyfriend. Would you rather they were saying "she's so hot/he's so interesting/she's amazing etc. or would you rather they were saying "he's so ugly/she's so boring etc.

What would you rather people thought?

My exes were for the most part great people and that's a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thing is then I'd be annoyed at letting him go :tongue:

So you'd base that on what others say?

Youd be annoyed or feel regret cos others say he is hot?
Reply 9
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
So you'd base that on what others say?

Youd be annoyed or feel regret cos others say he is hot?

is that bad
Reply 10
They probably wont know him as well as you did - probably never will unless they suddenly become his new gf....

I'd hope you knew by now what opinion you thought of his appearance and so it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks..?
If someone said he was hot then I'd go - yeah I saw that, but we just didn't work out.
If they said he was ugly then I'd go - each to their own, I probably would disagree with what they would class as attractive.

But what does it matter? It really didn't work out. If they like him then go for it lol
is that bad

I just dont understand that.

I dont know how others can dictate how you feel about an ex.

You should be more self-minded and not that swayed by external people.
neither really. Would prefer to completely not remember they existed at all :rofl:
It depends really. There have been some people who really hurt me and I hope other people recognise that they are as ****ty person too! But otherwise, I don't really care.
bump
When you're over them, you don't care.
The people I'm close to know that my ex hurt me and they're not his biggest fans so they wouldn't be bigging him up, but I wouldn't like to hear people going on about how great he is/was. I guess it depends on the situation...

That being said I don't really care, I'd rather people just not discuss him (especially if I'm around).
Reply 17
I'd obviously be curious (and entertained) but tbh I don't really give a toss what people think of my ex. I've known him for a very long time intimately and I know what he was like during the time we were together better than most.
Won't bother me either way though I'd hope people think she is a good person.
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending