The Student Room Group

Appealing against an exclusion

I won't get into too much detail, but a group of girls pushed into line directly in front of me; I barred their way. I was punched in the face and scratched on my stomach but the hits weren't worthy of retaliation, so I restrained myself until a teacher could intervene. Seen as I was perfectly calm, I was allowed to remain in the queue. Then some year 11 boy decided to get involved and taunted me about how I got hit by a girl, and when I faced him, threatened to stab me. Then I was pulled away by the same teacher and asked to write a statement about what happened. I spent the rest of the day in isolation; was internally excluded the next day, while neither the girls nor the boy weren't (apparently they had exams, though I've never known an exam to last 6 hours); and am now externally excluded for 2 days, though nothing has happened since, and my mother was told in a phone call that I had punched one of the girls in the face. The only evidence they have against my account are the witness accounts of two of the girl's friends, whereas the teacher's statement is in complete compliance with mine, other than in hearing the threat, and I am known to be an honest student. I have plenty of teachers who would attest to the fact that I am not someone to go around arbitrarily punching people in the face.

What steps can I take to fight against the verdict, and is it recommended that I do? Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
You can issue legal proceedings for defamation (slander).
Don't be an idiot. Would you rather he hit them back?
Ignore Nathan, clearly stupid. Did you threaten to stab him or did he threaten to stab you. Anyway good decision not retaliating to the girls, your school clearly cannot be assed to fully investigate, similar to my school. #Protest
Reply 4
You think you have problems, I spent 27 months in a young offenders institution for standing up for myself. Which resulted in myself being shot in the neck with am air rifle. . And the person who shot me got 3 darn months and was out in 6 weeks. Sorry but life isn't fair this is nothing. And think about it your street credibility will be at an all time high. I understand you didn't choose the thug life but it appears the thug life chose you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanDYEL
Just be a good boy and let it go. Victim.

Again, I'd rather not. Go take your fatalism somewhere else. Coward.

Original post by Conorburke
Ignore Nathan, clearly stupid. Did you threaten to stab him or did he threaten to stab you. Anyway good decision not retaliating to the girls, your school clearly cannot be assed to fully investigate, similar to my school. #Protest

He threatened me - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Original post by Ana81
You think you have problems, I spent 27 months in a young offenders institution for standing up for myself. Which resulted in myself being shot in the neck with am air rifle. . And the person who shot me got 3 darn months and was out in 6 weeks. Sorry but life isn't fair this is nothing. And think about it your street credibility will be at an all time high. I understand you didn't choose the thug life but it appears the thug life chose you.

Is this an attempt at sarcasm, or a demonstration of idiocy?
Reply 6
Original post by UnfriendlyTurtle
Again, I'd rather not. Go take your fatalism somewhere else. Coward.

He threatened me - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Is this an attempt at sarcasm, or a demonstration of idiocy?

Clearly sarcasm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, what school do you go to.....?
Reply 8
I think you should try to do something about it, but in a calm and reasoned manner as far as possible. You don't want to give them reason to believe you're especially angry by nature. Could you somehow get in contact with the teachers, or request a meeting with people at the school to give your side of the story?
Original post by EatAndRevise
Wow, what school do you go to.....?

Don't think it'd be diligent to reveal that publicly, but you'd be surprised. Ranked outstanding by Ofsted. They've just never been known to take sensitivity to the aggressors, and primary perpetuators, of a conflict. If you are involved in a physical confrontation, both parties are punished equally severely - period.

Original post by Jelkin
I think you should try to do something about it, but in a calm and reasoned manner as far as possible. You don't want to give them reason to believe you're especially angry by nature. Could you somehow get in contact with the teachers, or request a meeting with people at the school to give your side of the story?

Already on schedule for me and my parents. I'll maintain my cool, but I'll be firm.
(edited 9 years ago)
He threatened me - sorry if that wasn't
I think if other heard thst be saiden you mosttun likely go to the police, m school now have dutytun of care to issue that do not get injured

If dose not work out u can appeal 4o school governance which have power and pag the staff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending