The Student Room Group

English Language AQA GCSE Exam 3rd June 2014 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it went well! I wrote 1.5, 2.0, 1.5, 2.5, 2.5, 3.0 pages for each question
What y'all recon the grade boundaries for a C would be?
the timing was really bad fr me...cud I still get an A even if I didn't fully finish question 4 and 6???
Original post by toonervoustotalk

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DONE PERSUADE :'(

Just kiddin :3 lol
Reply 584
Original post by leahthesloth
Question 6.... I pretended I was older and omg does that matter? I was pretending I was an adult writing and everyone was like you'll lose marks for that bc you wrote as a character so now I'm scared as help???!,??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all! You can write from who ever's point of view that you'd like, it's all about being perceptive and as long as you have 'argued' like the question states there is nothing wrong with your answer whatsoever :smile: x
Original post by toonervoustotalk

Did persuade for that one 😢 It didn't actually state what to do, just 'write for or against the statement'. Will I get heavily marked down for not understanding the question? 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 6.... I pretended I was older and omg does that matter? I was pretending I was an adult writing and everyone was like you'll lose marks for that bc you wrote as a character so now I'm scared as help???!,??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same, I don't think is matters as long as you answer the Q?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it only matters who your writing for, which are children. It does not matter who your writing as...
Original post by kingaaran
Don't know if this is too late, but attached is my feedback. It was a decent paper, but there are things you could improve on, which are changeable overnight to be honest :smile: Hope it helpsImageUploadedByStudent Room1401745017.017704.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1401745025.767307.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1401745033.850609.jpg

Edit: apologies for the messy handwriting: I marked this quickly :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks so much. really helped me out
Original post by Angelo12231
it only matters who your writing for, which are children. It does not matter who your writing as...

where did it say that the audience was children?
What percentage of our final grade was that exam?
Original post by Roadman

60%

Very pleased with how the test went :biggrin:
Did anyone see the cheeky mention of Enter Shikari in source 2? :smile:)
Original post by Mathbomb
60%

Very pleased with how the test went :biggrin:

Thanks, what percentage was the English Literature exam? Paper 1 and Paper 2?
Original post by AlphaNick
What were the questions? Just wondering, I did November 2013 and I'm curious as to what they were this year.

Well obviously the questions for reading were the same but the sources were about Facebook, a music festival and some random one that was just some desccription then suddenly changed to his childhood. Writing was a letter about what a summer festival should include and write an article about your opinion on social media
Original post by curiousninja
Did persuade for that one ������ It didn't actually state what to do, just 'write for or against the statement'. Will I get heavily marked down for not understanding the question? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

It said agree or disagree... u aren't persuading anyone that children shouldnt use social sites, your arguing why social sites are wrong If you didnt use too much emotives then it could blend in
Original post by mickel_w
where did it say that the audience was children?

In the statement before the question
Reply 597
Original post by curiousninja
Did persuade for that one 😢 It didn't actually state what to do, just 'write for or against the statement'. Will I get heavily marked down for not understanding the question? 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you'll lose too many marks because the techniques for persuade and argue are pretty similar so don't worry!!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Can someone tell me what they wrote for question one? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roadman

60%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending