The Student Room Group

English Language AQA GCSE Exam 3rd June 2014 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BBeyond
**** i'm pretty sure I did that as well...

you did both yeah? best of luck mate
Original post by Angelo12231
you did both yeah? best of luck mate

Notice the use of the word 'pretty', I didn't realise at the time I had included my description in my explanation, until I thought about it.
Original post by goldtippedarrows
Eek ow man! You fell into the hands of Mr. Bruff! I had a hunch it would be either women or Eva or Mr. Birling so was relieved when Eva came as I did her for my controlled assessment but a Mr. Birling response would've been wayyy better! Anyhoo, Hope we both got good grades! :smile:

Oh I need all the prayers I can get! My points about women being lower than men were so superficial! :redface:
Original post by BBeyond
Notice the use of the word 'pretty', I didn't realise at the time I had included my description in my explanation, until I thought about it.

hmmm i dont know... you sounded ''pretty'' sure to me. Did i mark your work? if i did and you didn't like my mark then wait till august. Come and tell me your grade after.
hmmm i dont know... you sounded ''pretty'' sure to me. Did i mark your work? if i did and you didn't like my mark then wait till august. Come and tell me your grade after.

I don't need a B grade student to mark my work. This is the first thread I will come to after I get my results don't worry.
Original post by IhateMichealGove
Oh I need all the prayers I can get! My points about women being lower than men were so superficial! :redface:

Such is the nature of English lit! don't forget you also have Section B, your controlled assessment and poetry to fall back onto so not all hope is lost! :smile:
Original post by BBeyond
I don't need a B grade student to mark my work. This is the first thread I will come to after I get my results don't worry.

Hey C'mon, there's nothing wrong with a B grade! B could mean brilliant :colondollar:.
Hey C'mon, there's nothing wrong with a B grade! B could mean brilliant :colondollar:.

It's not bad, but not good enough to be criticising others :P
Original post by BBeyond

B grade? I'm afraid you are mistaken sir. I'm not worrying, im very excited to see what you will get.
Original post by BBeyond

Oh I understand. I guess that should be the same case for an A* student too! :biggrin:
Original post by goldtippedarrows
Such is the nature of English lit! don't forget you also have Section B, your controlled assessment and poetry to fall back onto so not all hope is lost! :smile:

I'm pretty sure all hope is lost when one does not finish section B part b and writes utter gibberish for poetry :frown:.
I'm pretty sure all hope is lost when one does not finish section B part b and writes utter gibberish for poetry :frown:.

Oh man, that's rough! :frown: If you are not doing it next year then it shouldn't matter too much but obviously ngl everyone wants the top mark so I see your struggle!All you can do now is hope for the best. :smile:
Are people seriously arguing over 'marking'? If only this was done in the exam - I'm sure the examiners would have had additional joyful wonders to read.

Just be happy everyone and stop worrying. If people give feedback, then it's their own opinion, there's no point arguing against it, when you know that the only people that will be giving you your grade are the six examiners who mark your paper.

So, can we not just keep this as the light-hearted discussion about the exam that it was before the exam? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BBeyond

Criticism doesn't have a grade boundary sorry to break it to you. This is TSR, but for what its worth not an elitist A* only thing- just go with the flow and dont pick at other peoples grades.:mad:

Peace out:nyan:
Original post by Gladiatorsword
OMG i did unit 11 - the islam one .
it was harder than last years but still quite easy
did you do unit 4 as well?

I did unit 11 and unit 1
Reply 1175
Original post by KJC79
Posted from TSR Mobile

No sorry haha :tongue: it's just a hard concept to understand (only getting half marks on the paper yet achieving an a*). It seems unrealistic.

I agree.
Reply 1176
are you questioning my mathematical reasoning? I hope not

This person was not 'questioning' your 'mathematical reasoning', rather, what they meant was: why would you suddenly need only half the marks to get an A*?. It doesn't make much sense. Last June (2013), 43 marks was a C grade. Therefore, half the marks did not even get you a C, let alone an A*. Therefore, why would they make such a drastic change to the boundaries?
Original post by ok2
This person was not 'questioning' your 'mathematical reasoning', rather, what they meant was: why would you suddenly need only half the marks to get an A*?. It doesn't make much sense. Last June (2013), 43 marks was a C grade. Therefore, half the marks did not even get you a C, let alone an A*. Therefore, why would they make such a drastic change to the boundaries?

lol it's a troll. Sorry if you thought I wasn't joking
There's always a troll fighting over grades. :rolleyes:
Is this a valid point for Question 4:

Source 3 used mainly opinions and feelings but it also used 1 fact (I think it was when he said that there is "4000 miles" till the next bit of land). This helps reinforce how isolated he is but by using facts he also matches his purpose which is journalism because in journalism, facts are also important. In Source 1, similarly, facts are used in "200 million users in the coming year" to show how Facebook will keep on growing. This helps reinforce the idea that Facebook's growth should be stopped. He uses facts to give his persuasive piece authority and authenticity, essential for any type of persuasion.

Obviously, I wrote more clearly in the exam but this was the general idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending