The Student Room Group

English Language AQA GCSE Exam 3rd June 2014 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
Definitely. I'm remarking with the risk of going down, as if I lose 3 marks, I'll end up with a B. But I know that I did not perform at a grade B standard in that paper, 100%. Grade A, maybe, but not Grade B! I need to get 57 marks, which is 6 more. I reckon I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you :smile: is there much chance of my marks dropping by 6+? That will drop my grade down :/
Original post by Kate12300
Good luck to you :smile: is there much chance of my marks dropping by 6+? That will drop my grade down :/

I doubt it highly. I'm sending it off with a chance of going down to a B if I lose 3 marks, lol, but I'm strong in my belief that it was marked wrong, so you should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I got my language paper remarked and i went up by 1 mark
Before - B 236 (240 to get an A)
Now - B 239
Its really frustrating now, so do you think I should get the Controlled assessment remarked??
Original post by Pikki1234
So I got my language paper remarked and i went up by 1 mark
Before - B 236 (240 to get an A)
Now - B 239
Its really frustrating now, so do you think I should get the Controlled assessment remarked??

When did you get your result and when did you apply for the remark?
When did you get your result and when did you apply for the remark?

I sent it off on Wednesday and got it today
I sent it off on Wednesday and got it today

I haven't got my result back yet and I sent it off last Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't got my result back yet and I sent it off last Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, well my teacher said it could take 2 weeks, so you never know.
So what do you think I should do??
Oh, well my teacher said it could take 2 weeks, so you never know.
So what do you think I should do??

You can't get controlled assessments remarked, so you can't do anything other than appeal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't get controlled assessments remarked, so you can't do anything other than appeal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is an appeal??
What is an appeal??

You pay money to get your paper marked by another examiner who's never seen your paper before, then sit in front of a panel and 'appeal' about why you deserve a higher mark. They will consider it and determine if they will raise or drop your mark. That's the gist of it, but I'm not sure of the exact process. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
​I got a B!!!!
Original post by Angelo12231
On source 3 i wrote about the feelings of saddness, frustration, dissapointment, suspense and tension, anger. I analysed these feelings and the effect. I did not talk about what the article was about, i didnt mention anything about parents dying or whatever, i only looked for feelings and effect etc etc and wrote about the feelings and thoughts. Is this right?

:smile:
Original post by Iamflorence
:smile:

lol? well it doesn't matter now obviously xD
Reply 1233
B for alevel english language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am kindah scared for the Lang paper
Have an English Language mock on Wednesday. Do any of you guys have tips for the Writing Questions (Question 5 and 6).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MIST_123
Have an English Language mock on Wednesday. Do any of you guys have tips for the Writing Questions (Question 5 and 6).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!
For Q5, the question wants you to inform, describe and explain, but try to be as creative as you can! Accuracy of SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) helps a lot too. 10 marks are for content and 6 for skill, so its about 20% of the paper; I suggest planning between 4-6 ideas in response, and spend about 24 minutes on the answer; to plan, use PAFT (Purpose, Audience, Format, Tone) so you know exactly how to write your answer. Try to hook the reader within the first 10 lines, be sure to show your ideas, not just tell them.
For Q6, the question wants you to write an argument, so your answer will be fairly longer than the rest. There are 24 marks, 16 for content and 8 for skill, so spend around 35 minutes on this task. Plan about 6 ideas (or more, if you want to!) and take note of DROPS (Devices, Range of punctuation, Openings and Closings, Passion and voice, Short sentences and paragraphs) - try to use this to structure your answer. Again, PAFT helps to plan. Be sure to use evidence where possible to support your argument.

I hope this helped! If you need any more information, send me a message :smile::smile:
Original post by examstressed1808
Hi!
For Q5, the question wants you to inform, describe and explain, but try to be as creative as you can! Accuracy of SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) helps a lot too. 10 marks are for content and 6 for skill, so its about 20% of the paper; I suggest planning between 4-6 ideas in response, and spend about 24 minutes on the answer; to plan, use PAFT (Purpose, Audience, Format, Tone) so you know exactly how to write your answer. Try to hook the reader within the first 10 lines, be sure to show your ideas, not just tell them.
For Q6, the question wants you to write an argument, so your answer will be fairly longer than the rest. There are 24 marks, 16 for content and 8 for skill, so spend around 35 minutes on this task. Plan about 6 ideas (or more, if you want to!) and take note of DROPS (Devices, Range of punctuation, Openings and Closings, Passion and voice, Short sentences and paragraphs) - try to use this to structure your answer. Again, PAFT helps to plan. Be sure to use evidence where possible to support your argument.

I hope this helped! If you need any more information, send me a message :smile::smile:

Thanks you for the help, I really appreciate your response. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
128 out of 160 is an A*
Original post by lyricalvibe
24/16

omg I remember you from this thread hahaha (had to look back on my "who quoted me" section lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending