The Student Room Group

What is the worst injury you have had?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Slit wrist
Reply 21
Original post by Reue
Slit wrist

:eek: got to ask.. Did you slit it or something/someone else?!

I got hit by a car and did three somersaults.
I broke my hip. Had nothing exciting since.
Broken arm falling down stairs when I was like 5 :frown:
Can't be sure as there was no hospital nearby and we didn't get it checked out in the end, but pain wise probably when a boat lurched due to a large wave and I was sent flying into the side of the hull where the head of the large nails dotted along the hull was, hit my cheek, so painful. Couldn't eat right due to the pain for the rest of the holiday and it was very sore for some time. I think I probably fractured the zygomatic arch.
Original post by lizz-ie
Broken nose, dislocated shoulders, elbow, knee, ankle, fingers and toes, torn meniscus, and partially torn ACL. Yeah, I'm just a bit accident prone... :colondollar:

The ACL injury is supposed to be really sore.

----
My worst is probably broken toes but I do have some immense scars from a fall on a road while run last summer - quite horrible still but epic to look at.
Reply 25
Original post by katbob
:eek: got to ask.. Did you slit it or something/someone else?!

Barbed wire.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
I got a concussion from headbutting the wall while I was sleeping

This made me lol :colondollar:

Original post by Anonymous
6 breaks in my pelvis including a completely ruptured and dislocated sacroiliac joint. The scans looked bad, apparently it was a whole lot worse when they operated..! Whole thing was completely unstable and is now held together by a mass of metalwork. Incredibly lucky that I can walk and lead a relatively normal life on a general day to day basis.

How did that happen? :0

Worst I've had was slipping off a wall when I was younger and first introduced to parkour, ended up falling directly on my spine and I'm lucky I'm not paralysed tbh. Still feel immense pain if I do anything that puts pressure on my lower back for more then a couple of seconds. But I still practice parkour. :colonhash:
I'm pretty accident prone and have had drops where I'm lucky I didn't smash my knees / elbows, surprised I'm still alive, nothing more painful then that back drop though :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Broken elbow, three times, same place.
Reply 28
A broken heart.
Reply 29
Either tearing my calf randomly simply by squatting at a desk for about 30 seconds (I have ridiculously tight tendons) and not being able to stand up 95% of the time over the next ten weeks or so, or falling off my bike horribly which resulted in this:

gross chin.jpg
Original post by Sabertooth
Surprisingly for someone as accident prone as me, I haven't ever seriously hurt myself. I got a concussion from headbutting the wall while I was sleeping and spent the next 2 days in bed in agony but that's about the worst I've done.

I'm trying to work out the relevance of the pizza. Did it burn while you were getting the stitches, did someone else eat it while you were gone, what happened? :tongue:

Just the moronic attempt at cooking away from home. It did burn as it goes, completely inedible :frown: (it was sat in the turned off oven while I got stitches at the minor injuries unit nextdoor).

Posted from TSR Mobile
A broken heart :frown:
Original post by Yasmin25
3 cracked ribs from excessive coughing when I had pneumonia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is definitely a troll :biggrin:
Original post by Edo123

How the hell am I a troll?
Original post by Edo123

How the hell am I a troll? Google and see that you can crack ribs from severe constant coughing if you don't believe me.

Post above was me too. Forgot to untick the post anon button :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BBeyond
Broken arm falling down stairs when I was like 5 :frown:

I broke my leg on a trampoline when I was 5 and I still remember that it was so strange I just landed with one leg down before the other and it felt all odd
Probably stab wound :K:

Live in the ends.
The worst injuries i have had have been psychological.
Reply 38
First week of year 7 at a new school my dad hit me in the eye with a tennis ball and my retina detached, they thought I would be blind in my right eye for life but I regained sight about a week later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dislocated my arm out of its shoulder socket, and the arm then fractured. Do not try this at home.

Quick Reply

Latest