The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Yeah i can't wait :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: im sooooooooo excited! (That not obvious... :biggrin:)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 141
a_musical_gal
That is a good room to have.

Ground floor, near the main exit. It is also one of the furthest away from the kitchen (so you can still sleep during a late night party if you want). And the fire exit - which is good because when the fire door is opened, the alarm will sound until sercurity locks it again and they can take a while, so you won't have to put up with that noise too much. You will also only have a neighbour on one side (the left side) as the right hand side will be the outside wall.

There is also the handy of feature of gaps on the side of the desk...sounds strange but its actually pretty handy if you have something you want to plug in on the other side of the room..the lead can go straight down the gap and along the floor.

Loads of storage in the room, large desk spanning the entire window wall so while yeah you have not got the internet, you actually haven't done that bad.

Ah good old Irish luck you come through again. Thanks for the info I not that disapointed with no internet as there are compy rooms anyway that I can use to talk to family and friends back home.
Vyse12
Ah good old Irish luck you come through again. Thanks for the info I not that disapointed with no internet as there are compy rooms anyway that I can use to talk to family and friends back home.

Forgot to mention that you will need a decent extention lead with loads of sockets. Emrys only has one socket in the entire room (by the window)

I use to have one extenstion lead plugged into another because I had so many plugs.
Reply 143
got all my stuff thru 2day!!! can ny1 tell me if room 4 on Nnormal site wud b on the ground floor???
Reply 144
meg
got all my stuff thru 2day!!! can ny1 tell me if room 4 on Nnormal site wud b on the ground floor???

I don't know for certain, but I'd guess that yes you'd be on the ground floor.
Reply 145
Wow!! You lucky lot all getting your accommodation details. Mine will be sat on the mat back in the UK! Will perhaps ring through before the end of the week and see if mine has come through yet. They did say as I would be starting late and changed my mind about the offer of the place I would have to take pot luck with accom., so fingers crossed!!

It's all so exciting hearing all your news.........I am so looking forward to Bangor in October!

Colette XX
Reply 146
Yay Sash and Slightlyabby, some people in the same halls as me!!! :biggrin:
Yay i got what I wanted: self-catered, shared and internet. I'm in Bryn Eithin St Mary's K31 :biggrin:
I'll be nice and fit after a year dealing with Lon Pobty
Reply 148
Thanks Soph! I've added you, Dani told me a while ago anyway!:biggrin:
Hehe that's cool :smile:
I got mine through today too! I was all surprised, and would probably have slept through if my mum hadn't woken me and told me. She also told me the time. Which was bad >.>

So anyway, that's not interesting.

I got room Z110 in Bryn Dinas. That's on the ffridd site.
I have internet, ensuite, and catered. I was disappointed about the catered, but after ringing and finding out more about it it doesn't sound too bad. The card thingy sounds good, and I get a kitchen too so I can still cook.
Does anyone know if its big or anything?

Any idea on where that room actually is? Anyone else in that building?
Reply 151
Hey, I love Bryn Dinas, it's really high! Never been in it really other than the entrance so not sure but there will be people to help you on the day so don't worry! Catered isn't that bad so don't worry!

Kitchens are a reasonable size if they are like the other halls.
Reply 152
For anyone interested - theres 12 on a corridor in St. Marys - woo 12 immdeiate friends :biggrin: hurrah!
little soph! same site! r u on my msn!? lol, not that it even works now =(
Reply 154
CrazynLuvinLife
I got mine through today too! I was all surprised, and would probably have slept through if my mum hadn't woken me and told me. She also told me the time. Which was bad >.>

So anyway, that's not interesting.

I got room Z110 in Bryn Dinas. That's on the ffridd site.
I have internet, ensuite, and catered. I was disappointed about the catered, but after ringing and finding out more about it it doesn't sound too bad. The card thingy sounds good, and I get a kitchen too so I can still cook.
Does anyone know if its big or anything?

Any idea on where that room actually is? Anyone else in that building?

Yeah that is the really tall building like Nat said. I would imagine by your number you are on the first floor. yeah the kitchens are big, I would imagine they are similar to the one I had as from mine I could see your building and some of the kitchens and they looked the same size if not bigger. I might have a pic somewhere of your building.
Pink_Chick
little soph! same site! r u on my msn!? lol, not that it even works now =(

Whoop :biggrin: thats wicked. Yeah I think i've got you on there
sexysax
Hey, I love Bryn Dinas, it's really high! Never been in it really other than the entrance so not sure but there will be people to help you on the day so don't worry! Catered isn't that bad so don't worry!

Kitchens are a reasonable size if they are like the other halls.

Heh. If that means its on a hill, I can hear my moans already when I'm tired. But I'll get used to it after a month or so ^^
Yeah Catered is my one major worry really, so I'm glad to hear that it might not be as bad as I think

ames123
Yeah that is the really tall building like Nat said. I would imagine by your number you are on the first floor. yeah the kitchens are big, I would imagine they are similar to the one I had as from mine I could see your building and some of the kitchens and they looked the same size if not bigger. I might have a pic somewhere of your building.

Thanks. Do they have microwaves in the kitchen? Or am I going to have to try and use the oven?
Reply 157
They have microwaves yes.

It's not on a hill really, it's just really tall!
ah right!
Reply 159
You can start moaning about time hill though... that wonderful hill you'll have to walk up after a night out hehe :biggrin::biggrin: such a lovely hill..

Latest