The Student Room Group

3 plates, 4 plates and beyond!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C.Almasy
For instance, tehforum, you are the perfect example of what I have just said. I am tierd of having to explain myself to people saying how I am not understanding things and people thinking they know more than I do and patronizing me on my thread. Blindly believing what Rippetoes their saviour tells them without any knowledge of sports science or experience with any competitive level sports coaching themselves.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=42460507&postcount=1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47433259&postcount=1106

You took a year to get to 102.5kg 5x5. I took 5.5 months to get to 110kg 5x5 and 122.5kg 3x5. I think I understand things quite well thanks. You are not an athlete, so don't go around telling an athlete that he is doing things the wrong way around. There is a reason I question everything.

It took me 3 weeks to get to a 140kg deadlift. You're under 130kg after 5.5 months You are not an athlete with that terrible progress.

Do you see how stupid your post is? Don't go around belittling other people's progress when you know jack **** about them and haven't made above average progress yourself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by illusionz
It took me 3 weeks to get to a 140kg deadlift. You're under 130kg after 5.5 months You are not an athlete with that terrible progress.

Do you see how stupid your post is? Don't go around belittling other people's progress when you know jack **** about them and haven't made above average progress yourself.

You are not average. How much do you weigh? Previous experience? I call bull****.

You are not average. How much do you weigh? Previous experience? I call bull****.

Previous experience being playing sports since I could run. Dem genetics - pulled 100kg for 5 reps the first time I ever deadlifted. Was 13 stone before started lifting.

also lol'd at that video

Also I'm not trying to be a dick, just want you to see why your post was pretty stupid - everyone is different.
(edited 9 years ago)
****ty progress crew checking in
Reply 84
Previous experience being playing sports since I could run. Dem genetics. Was 13 stone before started lifting.

also lol'd at that video

So you are an athlete also (may not be pro but still an athlete). Few people are 13 stone and relatively lean without being an athlete.

Added with that, 4 months and three weeks of consistent lifting and you got to 140kg deadlift.

You are not the average. The average person outside is obese or malnourished (as I looked to be a few months back, but, I had athletic qualities in speed and endurance... i was a cross country runner and got put on the wing for my speed.)
(edited 9 years ago)
So you are an athlete also (may not be pro but still an athlete). Few people are 13 stone and relatively lean without being an athlete.

Added with that, 4 months and three weeks of consistent lifting and you got to 140kg deadlift.

You are not the average. The average person outside is obese or malnourished (as I looked to be a few months back, but, I had athletic qualities in speed and endurance... i was a cross country runner and got put on the wing for my speed.)

The first time I did a deadlift was when I started ICF. I hadn't touched a barbell before then. All I'd done was some dumbbell/cable work and the odd leg press.

At no point did I claim to be average. My deadlift progress has definitely not been average (brb 200kg for reps after 6 months training the deadlift). I am fortunate in having good leg genetics. The point I was trying to get across is you should not be comparing yourself to other people competitively. Lifting is your body against the bar. Other people are different, have different genetics, different injuries, different diets and lifestyles as well as different motivations. Don't bring up someone's stats as an excuse to talk down to them.
Reply 86
The first time I did a deadlift was when I started ICF. I hadn't touched a barbell before then. All I'd done was some dumbbell/cable work and the odd leg press.

At no point did I claim to be average. My deadlift progress has definitely not been average (brb 200kg for reps after 6 months training the deadlift). I am fortunate in having good leg genetics. The point I was trying to get across is you should not be comparing yourself to other people competitively. Lifting is your body against the bar. Other people are different, have different genetics, different injuries, different diets and lifestyles as well as different motivations. Don't bring up someone's stats as an excuse to talk down to them.

Quick Reply

Latest