The Student Room Group

The Dullest Freshers event ever nominations

How does Roehampton University sound with their idea for sunday 24th september

--------------------------------------------------------

Whats On today? - Sunday 24th September

A Shopping trip to local supermarket for resident students - organised by the students union
--------------------------------------------------------

^

Wow... A trip to the supermarket..... :eek:

Anyone else get any such rubbish through the post?
Reply 1
haha, is tht the whole freshers week or just the one day?

last yr when i was in london, for freshers they held ONE party ..ONE LOUSY PARTY!!!! altho saying tht, the party was good

thts the thing about the UAL, they dont allow time for ppl to propely meet each other etc..tis ****...ive heard this yr they are holding a proper freshers week tho

but neways, aha, thts funny...a shopping trip! at least u can get ur shopping done
Reply 2
:eek:

Dont think we do that at Derby!! We have a freshers fortnightwhich begins with halls welcome party then out every night with a different student night every night for 7 days repeated again in the second, then a freshers fayre which is two days then a freshers ball, then on to the normal student nights

:biggrin: :biggrin:

No supermarket trips though :smile:
Lets hope they make it up to you with lots of parties :biggrin:
Reply 3
"On your right, you'll see the super noodles, a very popular choice, while on your left, is fridge 3, that's 2l bottles of pop, and pastries'

Nice sig davidian :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 4
lukeitfc

yeh mate - i got neg repped for it...some ppl round here ay? LIGHTEN THE ***** UP!! lol
Reply 5
davidian
yeh mate - i got neg repped for it...some ppl round here ay? LIGHTEN THE ***** UP!! lol

It's putting everyone off their studies you stupid thing!:biggrin: :rolleyes: :tsr2:
Reply 6
davidian
haha, is tht the whole freshers week or just the one day?

just one day!

lukeitfc
"On your right, you'll see the super noodles, a very popular choice, while on your left, is fridge 3, that's 2l bottles of pop, and pastries'

thats exactly as I Can see it, maybe with activities booklets too. lol
Reply 7
El Scotto

just one day!

Mark off the items on the picture as you pass them!
Reply 8
El Scotto

just one day!

Like a book of cryptic clues... '1. This fart enducing product CAN be the main part of your diet) 2. These headache curing tablets may HANG OVER into the next aisle.'
Reply 9

the only time I've found a supermarket amusing ever, is the 24hour one opposite one of my local nightclubs... at about 3am in the morning. lol
El Scotto

the only time I've found a supermarket amusing ever, is the 24hour one opposite one of my local nightclubs... at about 3am in the morning. lol

:biggrin:
Exeter did a chocolate and church day, and a day with trampolines. Outstanding fun.
The Boosh
Exeter did a chocolate and church day, and a day with trampolines. Outstanding fun.

A day with trampolines sounds fun.....with free alcohol...and lots of crash mats of course :smile:
Maybe they have a treasure hunt around the supermarket!

All in all, they are not giving students much creadability if they need to show them how to use a supermarket!

Latest

Trending

Trending