The Student Room Group

Rape in war is now worse then killing in war!

This feminist brain washing just keeps getting worse.
There having a sexual violence in war led by Angelina Jolie, who has no morals and would take her clothes off at every opportunity to make money in Hollywood. I hate the way people make her to be some sort of saint!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27769132

Yes rape is wrong, but war crimes and killing should be at the forefront than rape!

I rather be raped than be killed!

I hate this constant rape outrage, where feminist think its worst than murder.

When are we going to see voice of reason?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cool I'd go just to see Jolie. How can I get tickets?
She's done a lot for charities - why is that negated because in some roles she's nude?
I don't know what's going on any more. I just know there's people that are upset and outraged about things.
Reply 4
I don't quite understand how you're meant to tell soldiers that raping women is wrong, but slaughtering men in every which way possible is A-OK. The whole campaign seems a bit too fairytale like.

No idea why you're having a dig at feminism for this though.
There is a generally acknowledged difference between soldiers killing other soldiers in a war and raping civilians. The treatment of the latter is often fatal, if that makes you feel better about it.
whoever says that being raped is worse than being killed clearly has never been raped (or killed) - rape is nothing other than bodily harm with emotional trauma added to it. it's not like being in constant physical pain like being on the verge of death in a war, where no women is seen, other than running away from it. if they'd rather be killed than raped, I'd happily trade places with them in the next world war.
Oh, and one of the points about this campaign is to get people like you to understand that this is a war crime.
Original post by Another
I don't quite understand how you're meant to tell soldiers that raping women is wrong, but slaughtering men in every which way possible is A-OK. The whole campaign seems a bit too fairytale like.

I presume (and strongly hope) that "kill, yes; rape, no" remains the policy under which British troops are sent into war zones.
Original post by Blind Ferret
I don't know what's going on any more. I just know there's people that are upset and outraged about things.

I think if the forum itself could speak, this is exactly what it would be saying. :lol:
Throughout history, rape has been used as a form of genocide, with soldiers ordered to try their best to get women of a certain population pregnant in an attempt to destroy their culture and 'dilute' their genes. It's most definitely a war crime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
err can you please show me where it says rape is worse than murder? It says that rape is ignored and it needs to be recognised. The sad thing is that its not just a case of oh one soldier is out of control and rapes someone its a case of rape being politicised and soldiers being encouraged to rape women as a statement to the other group (e,g. bosnia which the article claims 50,000 women were raped). Rape is about power and mass rape sends out the statement we are stronger than you we will literally **** you and **** your women because we can and you are powerless to stop us
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by brownsugar-xx
She's done a lot for charities - why is that negated because in some roles she's nude?

She has no morals and yet she thinks she can buy some with her fame!
She is no saint! I know people with no money and not have her expensive lifestyle and yet bend over backwards for charities.

Women like her should not be near children!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lonttt530
She has no morals and yet she thinks she can buy some with her fame!
She is no saint! I know people with no money and not have her expensive lifestyle and yet bend over backwards for charities.

Women like her should not be near children!

How does she have no morals?

so...what are you suggesting? just because she's wealthy she's not a good person? because she's rich she should stay away from charities? stop bringing attention to important topics? :confused:
It's just pointing out rape in war, there have been a million campaigns about the killing of civilians in war, I don't see the issue with a campaign about another issue, even if it isn't as bad as the first. It's like, if there's a campaign about dementia in an ageing population that doesn't mean anyone's saying it's worse than cancer in an ageing population.
This is just a fad for the Western world living comfortably and to make them feel better about themselves. How can someone devote time to this when little children get blown to pieces in war zones or problems with famine?

It's almost as if they want wars to alter to themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a war ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By all means, protest against wars in general! Damn I'm going to bed
Reply 16
Original post by Creat0r
This is just a fad for the Western world living comfortably and to make them feel better about themselves. How can someone devote time to this when little children get blown to pieces in war zones or problems with famine?

It's almost as if they want wars to alter to themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a war ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By all means, protest against wars in general! Damn I'm going to bed

Well said sir
Reply 17
Original post by brownsugar-xx
How does she have no morals?

so...what are you suggesting? just because she's wealthy she's not a good person? because she's rich she should stay away from charities? stop bringing attention to important topics? :confused:

You have no morals!

I am done with you now.
Original post by lonttt530
This feminist brain washing just keeps getting worse.
There having a sexual violence in war led by Angelina Jolie, who has no morals and would take her clothes off at every opportunity to make money in Hollywood. I hate the way people make her to be some sort of saint!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27769132

Yes rape is wrong, but war crimes and killing should be at the forefront than rape!

I rather be raped than be killed!

I hate this constant rape outrage, where feminist think its worst than murder.

When are we going to see voice of reason?

If Angelina Jolie has appeared naked in films, then what of Brad Pitt who's arse I've seen wiggling about the place in Fight Club and Troy?

Had she spoken out in favour of a viewpoint you support, I'm sure you'd be willing to overlook her nudity and claim she was an 'intelligent, classy, beautiful lady' LOL
Reply 19
Original post by browndruidess
If Angelina Jolie has appeared naked in films, then what of Brad Pitt who's arse I've seen wiggling about the place in Fight Club and Troy?

Had she spoken out in favour of a viewpoint you support, I'm sure you'd be willing to overlook her nudity and claim she was an 'intelligent, classy, beautiful lady' LOL

Nothing classy about showing your ass, tits and pussy in films!
You have a disturbing upbringing.
You are the type of person who sexualise young children, you are rotten to the core! no morals.

Quick Reply

Latest