The Student Room Group

Missing the offer by a couple of points

Hi guys, I have just finished my exams, and A-levels, and was wondering what are the chances that you'll get accepted if you miss the offer by 10/30/50 points?

I really want to study architecture at Kingston University and I need 320 points to get in. A couple of months ago, I was invited to an interview with my portfolio and it went with flying colours. They were a bit surprised when they think the quality of my sketchbook was an A when I got a C in Art AS. Although my predicted grades were BCC (+30 points from AS physics) which is 30 points short of their requirement, they told me that they sometimes lower the requirement (of which the circumstances I do not know) and at the end of the interview was complimented by having 'a really nice sketchbook'. The very following day, I got the conditional offer for 320 points from both A levels and AS.

After just finishing my exams a week ago, I have a terrible feeling that my best shot would be a BCC, and worst case scenario, CCC. Based on your knowledge and/or experience (preferably in a course very much like architecture), what are my chances of getting accepted even if I miss the offer by a margin of 30/50 points? What if they lower the requirement but I still miss it? Do they based it solely on what grades you get or would they also look at how well the interview went?

I'm feeling really stressed and I don't think results day can't go any slower. Any informative response would probably be helpful to relieve off the stress for a while. Help! :frown:
You're best off contacting them to see what they say - no-one here can say for definite!
However - I do know people who got into architecture even though they missed their grades by one, due to the strength of their portfolios. So it's a possibility - but you're really best off contacting Kingston.
As you can see by the very, very large number of threads like yours, there are many people in the same situation as you are and the answer to all these threads is: nobody, not even the university itself, knows. Not until the results are in and the university can see how many people have missed their offer will they know how many places there are, and so despite people telling you that you will definitely get in because their aunt's hairdresser's gibbon got in last year with a cycling proficiency certificate to do nuclear physics, nobody can tell you anything.
Reply 3
Alright, thanks for the replies. I appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending