The Student Room Group

HELP!

Basically, my last physics exam went really bad today. I really hate physics but enjoy biology and chemistry. I have picked to study both Biology and chemistry at A-level. However, my school chose to proceed with the Additional and further additional science which means a bad physics mark would affect my overall science grade. Due to a bad physics grade which may bring my grade down to a B. Will this mean i will struggle to achieve an A or B in Biology and Chemistry at AS?
Reply 1
gcse marks do not 'carry over' to A levels. unless you're hoping to go to a super selective 6th form I wouldn't worry at all.
Original post by MNem
gcse marks do not 'carry over' to A levels. unless you're hoping to go to a super selective 6th form I wouldn't worry at all.

I have got an offer at a grammar school :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Marcusroye98
I have got an offer at a grammar school :frown:

whats the offer based upon? do u have to get a certain amount of A grades or something?
Original post by MNem
whats the offer based upon? do u have to get a certain amount of A grades or something?

You need 4 A grades at the Minimum and the rest B's
Reply 5
well in reply to your first question, your gcse grade wont affect what grade you get next year in any way. as for getting your place at grammar school, good luck but there is no point worrying now because there is nothing you can do til results day!

Quick Reply

Latest