The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depended on the class. In the compulsory classes, ie English, Maths, Science, ICT, RS there were about 25-30 pupils. In the option classes, there were about 20 in my History, Music etc; in the really small ones there were about 14 (Spanish).
it varied from about 20 (in biology) to about 10 (in geography).
Reply 3
As others have said, it depends on your school and what subject. The more popular subjects at my school were English and Psychology, with about 15 students in them. Then there were subjects like Music, that only had myself and one other in!
Reply 4
i was never in an a level class with more than 9 others
Reply 5
Class sizes (including myself):
Chemistry: 12
Physics: 10
Maths: 10
Electronics: 10
So that's basically 10 :p:
Reply 6
well in mine we have...

Drama - 5
Politics - 10
English - 17
General Studies - 17
Reply 7
between 15 and 20 in all my classes.
Reply 8
7 in Maths,8 in Geography, 5 in ICT and about 20 in History
Reply 9
5 English Lang/Lit
5 History
Approx.8 GS
Approx. 10-12 for Single ICT A-Level; 4 for Double ICT A-Level
(Including me)
6 in maths
2 in further
6 in physics
15 in chemistry
Reply 11
I'm at a school (sixth form); it might be different for Colleges. Also, there might be more than one class for the most popular courses, such as English for example at my school.
Reply 12
at as level we were
economics: 5
maths: one class was 5 the other one was 9
business studies: 7
french: we had lessons at different times so,sometime one to one tution, sometimes up to 4 ppl
german: don't know,no one turned up for the lessons
english: both classes about 14 each
Reply 13
About the same both years:
Chemistry: 15
Biology: 24
Maths/Further Maths: 18, then gradually decreasing to 12 (sounds like the shipping forecast (!)
Geography: 16
Chinese: 1 (but that was an extra course, not an A level)

713 - this was at a state girls' grammar school btw (to be really specific)
Reply 14
Wow, in my college, my classes are so much bigger compared to you lot, but I guess it also depends on the subject..

In all my subjects I have from 18 to 23 people in my class, but some people have as little as 9 people in their classes
Reply 15
would also be interesting now to be able to know who is going to a state school and who not, to be able to compare the avg class sizes
Reply 16
next year at my sixth form there will be:
(for AS)
3 in history
4 in geography
3 in sports studies
and about 8/9 in english lit

oh and 713, it's private.
30 in English Lit both years. There were 4 other English Lit classes in my college.
25 in Philosophy, decreasing to 18 or 19 at A2. There was one other Philosophy class in my college.
24 in Geography, decreasing to 13 at A2. This was the only Geography class.
30 in Media Studies both years. There were 3 other Media Classes in my college.
30 in General Studies, and about a million other General Studies classes.... and I only took it for AS.
Reply 18
About 200 in general studies, about 30 per class in all the other subjects. Further maths was half the size by the time we finished though! People were dropping like flies -- death by integration! :biggrin:
Reply 19
maths: 8
art: 6
geog: 17
english lit : 15

Latest

Trending

Trending