The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I've just started looking through all the papers we've been sent . Just trying to keep up to date with developments in the nhs and everyone just keeps telling me to be myself!! I did that at LSBU and thought I did ok but found out yesterday I didn't get in! :-(

Have you been sent papers?? I only got a few tips attached onto an email! Aw no sorry to hear that :-( don't let it get to you too much though, just try even harder at the next ones! I have a feeling I will suck at MMIs :frown:
No, just adult nursing! 😄

Just heard that I've been rejected from Southampton.......personal statement not strong enough. 2 rejections in 2 days, feeling quite depressed today 😢
Just heard that I've been rejected from Southampton.......personal statement not strong enough. 2 rejections in 2 days, feeling quite depressed today 😢

Sorry to hear that. Its such difficult and stressful process. Have you got three other options?
Original post by BellaPembers
Sorry to hear that. Its such difficult and stressful process. Have you got three other options?

Already had a rejection from hertfordshire weeks ago. Still have a interview at Guildford and at kingston at the end of the month . Let's hope they go better..........feeling stressed now!!?? 😕
Already had a rejection from hertfordshire weeks ago. Still have a interview at Guildford and at kingston at the end of the month . Let's hope they go better..........feeling stressed now!!?? 😕

That's great news!! Fingers crossed for you!! :smile:
Has anyone got any offers or rejections for nursing yet ?

I applied for child nursing

I've had one offer and two rejections.
Waiting on decisions from two other unis.

Would anyone wanna share their UCAS stress lol ?
Caught ya again! :P Babe ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Absorbaloff
Hi guys, good luck on all your applications. I'm a third year AN student, so you can ask any questions you're curious about.

Since you're all applying to a wide range of uni's, I wanted to know the intake numbers of nursing courses at different universities for a section in my dissertation. Any help will be appreciated :smile:

I know Derby are taking on 55 adult nursing students this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Absorbaloff
Hi guys, good luck on all your applications. I'm a third year AN student, so you can ask any questions you're curious about.

Since you're all applying to a wide range of uni's, I wanted to know the intake numbers of nursing courses at different universities for a section in my dissertation. Any help will be appreciated :smile:

I don't know if you're only interested in Adult but I know some numbers for Mental Health Nursing. :smile:

DMU take 45 Mental Health Nurses per intake (September and January) I think Derby was 39/40 Keele was around 21 (but it might have been 27).

I hope this helps you. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ollynicky
Hey, ive applied for Edinburgh Napier for Childrens Nursing but haven't head anything!...Have you/ :smile:

Hey

I just sent off my ucas form just at the weekend. So its the waiting game for me.
Original post by AoifeBass93
Hey

I just sent off my ucas form just at the weekend. So its the waiting game for me.

Hey, its been the waiting game for awhile for me and still nothing back! :frown: Good luck!!
HI! I had an interview for the University of Leeds yesterday, not too sure how it went. I have interviews for MMU on the 29th and Salford on the 4th Feb! Fingers crossed for Leeds...has anyone else applied to these Unis?
When's your Nottingham interview x
Sorry commented on the wrong one!
Hi everyone!
I have applied for Adult Nursing at Bradford (my first choice), Leeds Beckett, Huddersfield, York and Salford.

Applied on 15th December and heard back from Bradford and Salford offering me an interview. Not too sure what to expect!

Has anyone applied to these unis and can share experience with me please? Or has anyone heard back from these unis?

Lauren x
(edited 9 years ago)
Just heard that I've been rejected from Southampton.......personal statement not strong enough. 2 rejections in 2 days, feeling quite depressed today ������

Aw i'm sorry to hear that! Where else have you applied? You still have 3 other unis left so try not to worry too much yet, and good luck :smile:
Original post by laurenforde
Hi everyone!
I have applied for Adult Nursing at Bradford (my first choice), Leeds Beckett, Huddersfield, York and Salford.

Applied on 15th December and heard back from Bradford and Salford offering me an interview. Not too sure what to expect!

Has anyone applied to these unis and can share experience with me please? Or has anyone heard back from these unis?

Lauren x

Hi Lauren! I applied for Adult Nursing too at the end of November, and am still waiting to hear back from York! I've heard they take a long time though so trying not to get too stressed about it :grin: Good luck x
Original post by elle1995
Southampton interview done and dusted! Now the agonising wait :frown:

Hi Elle, how was your Southampton interview?! I have one for Adult nursing next month, how did you find the group bit? :smile:
Original post by epm97
I have applied to 5 unis, UEA took 2 days to get back to me. I have my interview in january :smile:

Have you had your interview at UEA? And which branch did you apply for? I have an interview for Adult in February so just wondering how yours went if you've had it yet! :smile:
Original post by Shanzii
Has anyone got any offers or rejections for nursing yet ?

I applied for child nursing

I've had one offer and two rejections.
Waiting on decisions from two other unis.

Would anyone wanna share their UCAS stress lol ?

I've got two rejections and one interview coming up. Am still waiting to hear from my other two unis. I applied for adult nursing at Hertfordshire, DMU, leeds, Coventry and Northampton uni.
Kinda gutted about the rejections but fingers crossed I get some offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending