The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ollynicky
Hey good luck with your interview! The wait is a nightmare especially when its your second time applying! I just want to know whether I have an interview or not haha! I'm waiting on 2 others! Have you any other interviews? And I've applied for children's! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I can imagine! Where else have you applied?
And thank you! I've had an interview at LSBU and I'm waiting for a decision. I haven't heard from Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham and De Montfort so fingers crossed. I only applied a few weeks ago though so I'm trying not to get too worried just yet!
Original post by BellaPembers
I'm also an LD applicant. Haven't come across many on here x

No unfortunately we do seem to be few and far between on here. How's all your applications going? :smile:
Original post by thea1
thankyou! Wow thats really impressive with the offer from Southampton since they have such few places for that course, congrats!! you just applied to four then? :smile: ooh good luck! southampton (offer), birmingham (offer),york (had an interview and waiting to hear back), nottingham( got an interview) and same with cardiff! :smile:

Thank you! It will be my first choice which s lovely as it takes the pressure off a bit now. That's really cool how we have so many in common! Really well done with both of your offers- they're both really good courses too! What's your first choice? I did also apply for Dual at De Montfort, but they offered me an interview for adult only, so as I only really apllied there for dual it seemed a bit pointless to go when I already had an offer/ interviews!
Original post by chloe12218
Oh I can imagine! Where else have you applied?
And thank you! I've had an interview at LSBU and I'm waiting for a decision. I haven't heard from Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham and De Montfort so fingers crossed. I only applied a few weeks ago though so I'm trying not to get too worried just yet!

Yup haha! I've had an interview Bradford and teesside (still waiting to hear back from them) have an interview for Huddersfield next month and still need to hear from Cumbria and Edinburgh Napier! Fingers crossed for you! Well done on your interview! Oh well least you having been waiting too long I applied in November!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No unfortunately we do seem to be few and far between on here. How's all your applications going? :smile:

I've got an interview for Hertfordshire next week so doing some maths revision and re reading reports etc. So looking forward to it.

Looking forward to your interview? Do you mind if I ask where its for?
Hey everyone :smile: Update on my application, I applied to:
Birmingham - Nursing - interview 26/11, offer 1/12
Southampton - Adult and Child nursing - interview 9/1 - offer for Adult nursing 20/1
Oxford Brookes - Child and mental health nursing - interview 13/1 - waiting to hear decision!
Leeds - Child nursing - interview 9/2
Nottingham - Child nursing - interview 18/2

Pleased to have an offer from Birmingham which is my second choice, gutted at Southampton as the dual course was my top choice but ah well, nervous to hear from Oxford Brookes as I would love for them to be my insurance.
Anyone else got interviews at Nottingham on the 18th of Feb or Leeds on the 9th? :biggrin:
Original post by BellaPembers
I've got an interview for Hertfordshire next week so doing some maths revision and re reading reports etc. So looking forward to it.

Looking forward to your interview? Do you mind if I ask where its for?

Oh brilliant, let me know how it goes!
And it's at Cumbria. I'm really looking forward to it but I'm sure the nerves will kick in soon.
Original post by ollynicky
Yup haha! I've had an interview Bradford and teesside (still waiting to hear back from them) have an interview for Huddersfield next month and still need to hear from Cumbria and Edinburgh Napier! Fingers crossed for you! Well done on your interview! Oh well least you having been waiting too long I applied in November!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you've got lots of interveiws then, must have been doing something right :biggrin:
Wow you've got lots of interveiws then, must have been doing something right :biggrin:

Haha thank you and hopefully I get a place now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi has anyone making The University Of Leeds their Firm choice? also if you have which accommodation and for what branch of nursing? I have made The University Of Leeds as my Firm and Sheffield Hallam as my 2nd, for Adult Nursing :smile:
Hi:smile:
I've applied for children's nursing at BCU, DMU, keele, Nottingham and Wolverhampton, so far I've had 3 rejections and just waiting on BCU and DMU, has anyone heard back from these ones so far? Thanks xx
Original post by Enesaxxx
Hi:smile:
I've applied for children's nursing at BCU, DMU, keele, Nottingham and Wolverhampton, so far I've had 3 rejections and just waiting on BCU and DMU, has anyone heard back from these ones so far? Thanks xx

Hi For BCU do you mean before interview or after? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maturehealth
Hi For BCU do you mean before interview or after? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Before interview X
Before interview X

Ye I have I had my interview last week, got the invite to interview about ten days before.
When did you apply? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlannahMcN
Hi has anyone making The University Of Leeds their Firm choice? also if you have which accommodation and for what branch of nursing? I have made The University Of Leeds as my Firm and Sheffield Hallam as my 2nd, for Adult Nursing :smile:

Leeds is my firm I've looked at the tannery and leodis
Ye I have I had my interview last week, got the invite to interview about ten days before.
When did you apply? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats great! Is that for BCU? I applied in October X
Thats great! Is that for BCU? I applied in October X

Ye for BCU :smile: won't hear until end of feb though, maybe you should call them, I applied in November x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ye for BCU :smile: won't hear until end of feb though, maybe you should call them, I applied in November x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! And yeh I will do, thanks for your help X
Original post by Smelly26
Leeds is my firm I've looked at the tannery and leodis

are you doing nursing ? x:smile:
Original post by alice_c_97
Hey everyone :smile: Update on my application, I applied to:
Birmingham - Nursing - interview 26/11, offer 1/12
Southampton - Adult and Child nursing - interview 9/1 - offer for Adult nursing 20/1
Oxford Brookes - Child and mental health nursing - interview 13/1 - waiting to hear decision!
Leeds - Child nursing - interview 9/2
Nottingham - Child nursing - interview 18/2

Pleased to have an offer from Birmingham which is my second choice, gutted at Southampton as the dual course was my top choice but ah well, nervous to hear from Oxford Brookes as I would love for them to be my insurance.
Anyone else got interviews at Nottingham on the 18th of Feb or Leeds on the 9th? :biggrin:

Congratulations on your Birmingham offer! Really sorry about Southampton though- getting an offer for adult is still amazing as both courses are so competitive and Southampton is supposed to be a really amazing place to study nursing anyway :smile: Just out of interest did you get to know anyone else who had applied for Dual when you were at your interview? And if you did did you hear whether they got an offer for them or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending