The Student Room Group

A message to the boys!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the_human_oreo
You forgot about how hard you get shot in the ass

It's really not that bad from my experience. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd feel pretty good about myself for having the stones to at least try, regardless of outcome. If it's someone I've gotten to be really good friends with though, that takes a LOT more conviction to try.
I don't understand why society's views are that Guys MUST go after the girl and not vice versa. Im a strong believer of Universal Equality.

I've had 4 girlfriends in my time and I haven't had to ask a single one of them out. My point is that that number could be higher if other girls that liked guys didnt have have the mindset that 'He has to do it or he's not worth it' or that they cant overcome simple shyness yet expects us to.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by British-Student
It's really not that bad from my experience. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd feel pretty good about myself for having the stones to at least try, regardless of outcome. If it's someone I've gotten to be really good friends with though, that takes a LOT more conviction to try.

Well you've clearly asked decent people out, this girl my friend asked out tried to just annihilate any shred of, I forget the word, something in him, it was pretty bad until her crush called her a total bitch from behind
Original post by the_human_oreo
Well you've clearly asked decent people out, this girl my friend asked out tried to just annihilate any shred of, I forget the word, something in him, it was pretty bad until her crush called her a total bitch from behind

Man, that's rough. Sounds like he's better off!
Yeah, we also don't see her around very often so it was a win win
Original post by überambitious_ox
So why would we be staring at each other everyday at uni then? Also, I caught him staring first

You have food stuck in your teeth.
I think he's shy but not so shy that he needs to be taught the "A-Z of dating" ! Oh God, it sounds like such a nightmare to have to date those...I dated guys my age when I was a teenager, but never those...they never had confidence issues! :lolwut: Someone on the train to Aston once started having a convo with me about my mates and told me that I like one of my mates, my best mate, because he's a closed book, which means you need to draw him out! I was so embarrased I told her, I don't like my mate in that way no matter how uncomfortable she got over her sudden assumption :angry: ! She just made that assumption because I told her about what went down with my mates a couple of days ago, because people told me I would never see my mates ever again, so I thought if I'm never going to see them again, what is the point in keeping all their dirty secrets with me? :rofl: But yeah, back to the point, this is where flirting comes in. Be patient and drop subtle hints, and if you find him going out with someone else in the process...don't feel disheartened, that he never saw anything amazing in you, because that's a negative experience you should distance yourself from, no matter the heartache! Maybe, he did like you but only up until you were the nice, girl with braids, not the brash, outspoken one who actually wants to be with the guy enough to want him to ask you out. His loss :biggrin: !
Feel that it's the norm for the guys to do this

It was also traditionally the norm that a woman's life involves cleaning, cooking and looking after children, but times have changed. You can't pick and mix which aspects of equality you want.
Original post by tengentoppa
It was also traditionally the norm that a woman's life involves cleaning, cooking and looking after children, but times have changed. You can't pick and mix which aspects of equality you want.

Hell yes! This is the only comment the OP should pay attention to.
Get with the times and ask him out if you want to be with him.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
So why would we be staring at each other everyday at uni then? Also, I caught him staring first

Maybe he thinks you are extremely ugly, and he cannot keep his eyes off you.
If you won't make a move, this guy you 'like' won't either. He probably doesn't like you.
Original post by EatAndRevise
Maybe he thinks you are extremely ugly, and he cannot keep his eyes off you.

If you won't make a move, this guy you 'like' won't either. He probably doesn't like you.

But I know I'm good looking, and have been told this. How can you just claim that he doesn't like me? I've got the signals that he does
It's so obvious; we've been staring at each other at uni everyday! Not now as it's Summer! We've never spoken though - I'm too shy and I think he is too.

Maybe you had a stain on your face?
But I know I'm good looking, and have been told this. How can you just claim that he doesn't like me? I've got the signals that he does

You have been told this by whom?

You have said that you have been staring at each other, but you have not talked to one another. How on earth does that mean he likes you?
Original post by ✈ ✈
Maybe you had a stain on your face?

Everyday?? LOL
You have been told this by whom?

You have said that you have been staring at each other, but you have not talked to one another. How on earth does that mean he likes you?

Have been told by friends and relatives and do get lots of stares from guys at uni; I'm not sure why else people would stare tbh. And one does also judge themself, and I deem myself good looking.

Well, what I mean is, that he finds me attractive - just physical attributes at this stage.
Have been told by friends and relatives and do get lots of stares from guys at uni; I'm not sure why else people would stare tbh. And one does also judge themself, and I deem myself good looking.

Well, what I mean is, that he finds me attractive - just physical attributes at this stage.

Told by "friends and relatives", they will tell you that you look attractive. That is what friends and relatives do. People stare because they are human, and humans stare.
überambitious_ox,

Melodrama and generalisations are not that much fun to unravel.

Kindest regards,

The Boys.
Told by "friends and relatives", they will tell you that you look attractive. That is what friends and relatives do. People stare because they are human, and humans stare.

It may be true that friends and relatives say this as a means of being nice, but I have been told it on many occasions, when I haven't even been at all dressed up, so I presume they really mean it.

And my other point - everyone judges themselves don't they! Surely you are able to judge whether you are good looking yourself, and I'm sure you do too.

But it's not normal to stare day in day out at the same person now is it?
@OP if you are the kind of the girl who EXPECTS me to make the first move just because I have a penis then you can pretty much count it as fact that it will DEFINITELY not happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending