The Student Room Group

Sociology teacher always gives me bad grades

He gives me bad grades undeservedly. My written work is good, I get A*'s for my homework and he says it's ' A-level standard'. I don't contribute in lesson but he seems to think that contribution is more important than written work and that the end exam is going to be oral rather than written. If I've been getting A*'s for my written work then why would he put a grade D on my report that was sent home to my parents? I mean he could've at least put a C if he gave me that grade because I don't participate. I understand everything in lesson and I don't find it difficult at all. I like sociology but now I feel like anything I do isn't appreciated and I don't know how a grade D is supposed to motivate me for year 11. He gave us work to do over the holidays but I don't think I'm even gonna do it because it's not worth anything or I might do it for revision but not give it in.
I kind of just want him to understand that participation isn't as important as he thinks. What should I do after the holidays?
My teacher would do the exact same to me! But at the end of the day I realised that she was doing it to make work harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
All teachers do that. Maybe he's just trying to cool your ego. You can't expect everything to be rosy in the real exam. Ignore it, and just focus on work. If you want a second opinion, ask another teacher to grade some work. In the real exam, the examiner won't know you and won't care. They have to go through hundreds of papers and won't care about your contribution! If you think you're doing great, just keep going, and ignore it. Try to be more proactive in lessons if it's really bothering you
Well I would complain to the school on the grounds that it is innacurate. But before you do that, perhaps talk to your teacher? He may have graded you wrongly by accident.

I had this issue with my sociology teacher too, and after talking to her it was all sorted.
Reply 4
He might be keeping you on your toes, it could be a case of tough love; all that matters is the final grade. Not some report that you will soon forget about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest