The Student Room Group

Do better when I ignore A-Level teachers.

I am on track to get A*A*A* and A* for EPQ because I literally go by the exam boards and ignore my garb teachers.

Sometimes I skip lessons on purpose so I can revise more. They give me very good grades but don't like me as I write differently in exams. Different content and essay structure, but same topics.

Seems like those in my 6th form trying their best are a bit anti-lessons/anti-teachers now. Anyone else?
yeah I did this too, sometimes teachers are very bad. I mostly did my own notes and stuff via YouTube and online resources according to the spec for each subject I never used teacher resources. I stopped going school a month before study leave because it was useless
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
I've always felt like doing this but never had the balls to do it, especially for chemistry. My best teacher has left and I'm now left with a teacher who makes the content harder to understand than if I just used other resources. I feel like my sixth form would kick off if I stopped going to her lessons though.
Reply 3
In sociology we have a boy who comes once a term lol. Good on him.
But I had 98% attendance last year so I'm watched more! They assume I'm skipping out of laziness but I'm doing 2x the work.
It's going to be a rude awakening when you start university and post here that it's all fallen apart because you're having to actually learn rather than memorise the exam rubric...

Has it occurred to you that you might be gaining more in lessons, which may not necessarily be "examinable material", which is still of intellectual and conceptual value?
Reply 5
Its called wider reading

fartful lounger

Quick Reply

Latest