The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
Bojan reminds me a lot of the Anelka pre-bandwagon from last season. Great pre-season with an affordable price tag but then goes on to flop.

There's something about having a Stoke forward in my team that just doesn't feel right!

Rooney and Dzeko are certs for my front line, trying to think who else of Costa/Giroud/Sturridge/Lukaku should take the third spot.

i know what you mean; stoke striker!?

rooney yes, but will dzeko be nailed on to play every week for city?
he may do, but unless i'm near certain a player will be playing each and every matchday, i tend to avoid

i have sturridge, rooney, bojan up front
seems like a popular trio tbh, sturridge and rooney proven to be quality and bojan could be the next michu
Arguments for 2 rotatablr keepers v 1 keeper and a 4m keeeper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 722
Original post by Undisclosed 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have 2 4.5 rotatable keepers
Original post by iRush
That's not a bad shout. Yeah I have Sigurdsson already. Davies should start. Thanks!

Half tempted to bring in Sanchez for Ramsey but Ramsey knows the league. Oh and one more thing, should I switch out Luis/Debuchy and bring in a United defender? Also half tempted to bring in Cahill for Luis, I know Luis will start but still. I have Rooney but if Vermaelen joins, I'm half tempted to bring him in.

I've gone with Ramsey over Mata/Silva etc at £9m. Expecting Sanchez will become a must have at some point but hopefully not from the very start. More likely to be when Walcott's back and Sanchez is getting games up front.

I have the Luis dilemma. He's a Mourinho defender, and by most accounts decent going forward if he gets the chance, but he doesn't seem 100% guaranteed of his place. Still gone with him over Shaw for now, might change before the season starts. If Vermaelen joins us he'll be straight in my team, and I imagine almost everyone elses too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

first option is more likely to bring CS points: IF you can predict which of the two keepers will do better that week..

second option is cheaper and easier..

thats how ive always looked at it
Original post by Louis.
If Vermaelen joins us he'll be straight in my team, and I imagine almost everyone elses too.

I'm on Luis/Evans at the moment, if that transfer goes through it'll be Cahill/Vermaelen.

They're both viable strategies. Personally I hate rotating keepers because I always end up with points on the bench e.g Keeper A has a 'soft' fixture at home and has a mare, whereas keeper B has a tough away game and keeps a clean sheet. Rather just pay a bit more for someone likely to get a lot of CS/save points and just leave them in.
Original post by Alex Doran
Alex Bruce is a poor choice, he just won't be getting any serious game time. There are better options, even at 4m that should play consistently but Bruce is definitely behind Davies, Chester and Mcguire and probably Mcshane as well so personally I would steer clear especially given Hull should be playing 4 at the back this season so the 4th or 5th centre back won't get any games if there are only 2 spaces.

Ok thanks for that. Haven't done a lot of research, a lot of the pick went down to the fact everyone else seemed to go for him. 20% have gone for Bruce! Struggling to find other value for 4.0. In a promoted team, or anything who would you recommend?

Original post by Qari
Don't know.much about bruce.
Midfield I agree with. Giroud i don't know whether he'll get much goals. also depends on where Sanchez will be played.
And does Myhill play? Rather have two playing keepers which you can rotate. Why have you got Baines & Cahill? Both cost a lot

And fan of P.Schemicael hopefully his son is the same. Also Schemicael comes up for last minute corners so who knows. Also I already have 1 Newcastle player.
And I got them two because they're new. Not many ppl will go for that. Also I'm going to chek Costa out if he isn't that good then going to go for Lukaku.

I'm tipping Giroud to do well, he'll get better service this season you'd think. Yeah i'm going to get Mannone in which costs an extra 0.5 so may just bring in Filipe for Cahill as i want Chelsea coverage at the back.

Got Baines and Cahill in initially as they score a lot of points between them, you can rely on them both.
Reply 727
Original post by Gob Bluth
Ok thanks for that. Haven't done a lot of research, a lot of the pick went down to the fact everyone else seemed to go for him. 20% have gone for Bruce! Struggling to find other value for 4.0. In a promoted team, or anything who would you recommend?

I'm tipping Giroud to do well, he'll get better service this season you'd think. Yeah i'm going to get Mannone in which costs an extra 0.5 so may just bring in Filipe for Cahill as i want Chelsea coverage at the back.

Got Baines and Cahill in initially as they score a lot of points between them, you can rely on them both.

baines takes free kicks corners penalties and is also left back so you can count on assits cahil soemtimes gets goals.
this year there are too many possible strikers will have to wait for season to start before i can decide who to have

Only options at 4m seem to be Wisdom and Wasilewski and even then they are not guaranteed starters. Dummett, Yun, Upson and Duff all have a fair chance apparently but they are risky.
I haven't really looked into what defenders will be playing at 4m. I only know about Bruce because I am actually a Hull fan. I don't know any more about the rest than anyone else.

You're a Swansea fan aren't you, thoughts on Bartley? I've heard a few suggestions he'll start with Chico supposedly leaving.

Michael Duff will start for Burnley unless they sign a new CB (they don't have anyone else) and Liam Moore should start for Leicester. That's about it :/ Even Wisdom isn't nailed on now WBA have signed Gamboa.
Original post by sr90
You're a Swansea fan aren't you, thoughts on Bartley? I've heard a few suggestions he'll start with Chico supposedly leaving.

Michael Duff will start for Burnley unless they sign a new CB (they don't have anyone else) and Liam Moore should start for Leicester. That's about it :/ Even Wisdom isn't nailed on now WBA have signed Gamboa.

With the current injuries to centre backs at WBA, Wisdom is now nailed on to start at centre back or right back. TBH he is a class player (for that level) and Rodgers wouldn't have loaned him out without some sort of agreement on gametime.
Original post by sr90

Would have thought it would be Amat tbh, think some picks could go down to the last day or 2 really, as nothing nailed on yet.

Original post by Alex Doran
Only options at 4m seem to be Wisdom and Wasilewski and even then they are not guaranteed starters. Dummett, Yun, Upson and Duff all have a fair chance apparently but they are risky.
I haven't really looked into what defenders will be playing at 4m. I only know about Bruce because I am actually a Hull fan. I don't know any more about the rest than anyone else.

Seems like Upson doesn't have much of a chance from quick browsing, shall check the rest.
Would have thought it would be Amat tbh, think some picks could go down to the last day or 2 really, as nothing nailed on yet.

Seems like Upson doesn't have much of a chance from quick browsing, shall check the rest.

Upson almost certainly will not play - he was signed as 4th choice to begin with and has spent all pre-season out with a foot injury. Leicesters defence will almost certainly be Morgan + one of Moore or Wasilewski unless something big happens in the next few weeks (well, big defensively, big is currently going on - links to Esteban Cambiasso are gaining traction at the moment).
My team: El Gallo Guerrero
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
bojan could be the next michu

Except bojan has been a bit of a disappointment wherever he's been, unlike Michu who hit the ground running after a season of serious form in La Liga. Also, his name is Bojan ffs. Which makes me think of

A: Mr Bojangles

Walker has said he was inspired to write the song after an encounter with a street performer in a New Orleans jail and that the song does not refer to the famous stage and movie personality Bill "Bojangles" Robinson. Walker said while in jail for public intoxication in 1965, he met a homeless white man who called himself "Mr. Bojangles" to conceal his true identity from the police. He had been arrested as part of a police sweep of indigent people that was carried out following a high-profile murder. The two men and others in the cell chatted about all manner of things, but when Mr. Bojangles told a story about his dog, the mood in the room turned heavy. Someone else in the cell asked for something to lighten the mood, and Mr. Bojangles obliged with a tap dance

and of course

B: this dangerous agglomeration of human excrement:

which throws serious doubt over Bojan's abilities as a professional footballer, in my book anyway. I'm already trying to deal with the possibility that my first choice striker might have to be a man who wears a wig.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Except bojan has been a bit of a disappointment wherever he's been, unlike Michu who hit the ground running after a season of serious form in La Liga.

true, which is why i said could not will.
i agree; bojan had so much potential and he really hasn't lived up to it.
but that doesn't mean he won't do well at stoke.

for 5.5 million i'd say it's worth a go.
unless there are any other strikers of the same value you would suggest?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
true, which is why i said could not will.
i agree; bojan had so much potential and he really hasn't lived up to it.
but that doesn't mean he won't do well at stoke.

for 5.5 million i'd say it's worth a go.
unless there are any other strikers of the same value you would suggest?

I've gambled on Bojan , he's looked good in the pre season friendlies so far. The only other options I looked at were :

Nugent : Likely to start but Leicester have poor fixtures to start.
Sanogo : Impressive pre season but **** last season and definitely not a guaranteed starter.
Campbell: Good world cup but same as above.

Ings is 6 million if you can find another 0.5.
Skimped on my defence (Debuchy, Davies, Janmaat, van Aanholt and Mariappa) to revamp the rest of my team.

Van Aanholt could be a real gem IMO, but not sure what, if anything, about my defence I should improve with 1.5mil left to spare?
Original post by mccrae01
I've gambled on Bojan , he's looked good in the pre season friendlies so far. The only other options I looked at were :

Nugent : Likely to start but Leicester have poor fixtures to start.
Sanogo : Impressive pre season but **** last season and definitely not a guaranteed starter.
Campbell: Good world cup but same as above.

Ings is 6 million if you can find another 0.5.

exactly, he's scored several goals already in pre season so the team chemistry could work for him (not a guarantee but a good sign).
yeah, my main thing about this fantasy league is to only get players who are guaranteed starters; even for subs.

therefore sanogo and campbell are out right away
might change the team around after the first 5 fixtures - haven't got any city players because their start is by far the hardest out of any other team (newcastle, liverpool, stoke, arsenal, chelsea); jesus!
Original post by don'tTRIP.
Skimped on my defence (Debuchy, Davies, Janmaat, van Aanholt and Mariappa) to revamp the rest of my team.

Van Aanholt could be a real gem IMO, but not sure what, if anything, about my defence I should improve with 1.5mil left to spare?

in terms of defence, shaw is a very popular choice (6m)
personally i think baines is the best option - very expensive (7m) but he takes all set pieces for everton (inc penalties) so may pick up a lot of goal/assist points as a defender.

if you don't have much money to play with, just have one top defender and the rest as cheap options
in my team i have 2 good defenders, and the rest 4-4.5m guys

Quick Reply

Latest