The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123

Good luck to everybody, apart from Colbert.

Giggs Boson is my team.
Would Jovetic be a good option to start the season with?

Any suggestions on other 8m or lesser strikers?
Original post by Micah Richards
Rooney.

Never change Khalid, never change. You're one of the constants in my life. Off-season has been a hellish without you. You're perfect just the way you are.

edit: that guy that exposing you on last season's thread was probably the funniest thing I've seen in 4 years of TSR

:laugh: Forgot all about that
Reply 763
Original post by Micah Richards
Rooney.

Never change Khalid, never change. You're one of the constants in my life. Off-season has been a hellish without you. You're perfect just the way you are.

edit: that guy that exposing you on last season's thread was probably the funniest thing I've seen in 4 years of TSR

it was DH1 that did that wasn't it?
Original post by Qari

Yea loool anyways how's your team coming along?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari

Pretty sure it was the resident loudmouth, Mister Dead.

Haven't changed my team in a week. Definitely a good sign.
Reply 766

Same I've kept my team as it is. Cnt really decide anything now. Will probs ahve to take a hit in first couple of GW

Not changed mine since the last major shift. I'm relatively happy with it really but still not 100%. I just don't know how to change it.

How are the H2H leagues shaping up? At last count I think B had 17 but there were a few people who entered all three iirc.
Anyone know if there is an App for Iphone??? I have looked online and on app-store but can't find it. Hoping there is one to keep me entertained at work
who should i choose as captain and vice for this first game?

my choices are: rooney, sturridge, fabregas, sterling, sanchez

i'm thinking rooney, sanchez or sturridge

all three players have easy games at home, so it's a tough choice really.
Tried to make a few changes earlier and I ended up with the exact same team as before. Think i'm all set.
Reply 771
Original post by sr90
Tried to make a few changes earlier and I ended up with the exact same team as before. Think i'm all set.

just changed Shaw for Davies ( I forgot my reason why lool)
Do I want De Gea and a 4m keeper or two cheaper 4.5/5m keepers. Last couple of seasons a punt on a promoted keeper has come up trumps.

Would mean potentially .5 more in the bank as well.
Reply 773
Original post by SirMasterKey
Do I want De Gea and a 4m keeper or two cheaper 4.5/5m keepers. Last couple of seasons a punt on a promoted keeper has come up trumps.

Would mean potentially .5 more in the bank as well.

I have done two 4.5mil keepers.
I'd recommend Schemicael
Original post by Qari
I have done two 4.5mil keepers.
I'd recommend Schemicael

Exactly who I was thinking to be honest. Then maybe Manonne or Speroni.

It would actually be nice to get DDG and Schmeichel but can't find the extra .5 needed for it.
Reply 775

It would actually be nice to get DDG and Schmeichel but can't find the extra .5 needed for it.

I have Schmeicael and Mannone :biggrin:

How are the H2H leagues shaping up? At last count I think B had 17 but there were a few people who entered all three iirc.

Annoyingly, had 20 for Div A but that guy deleted his team so I had to remove him as I put a limit of 20 teams on it. So 19 in that one, about 17 and 14 in the others. Not sure if there is anybody in more than one anymore, haven't checked those leagues.
Anyone know if an app is available for this??
Annoyingly, had 20 for Div A but that guy deleted his team so I had to remove him as I put a limit of 20 teams on it. So 19 in that one, about 17 and 14 in the others. Not sure if there is anybody in more than one anymore, haven't checked those leagues.

So 1 week to get 10 more members. Sounds promising.

Original post by Qari
I have Schmeicael and Mannone :biggrin:

If I change De Laet to Duff then I can change Myhill to Schmeichel. Tempting.

De Gea will play every game and there will be very few fixtures where playing Schmeichel will be a better option. If you're certain you want him you are much better off keeping the 0.5 and upgrading somewhere else.

If you really don't want a non playing keeper then there are plenty of good choices at 5.0. I've gone for Begovic but there's also Speroni, Foster, Mannone/Pants(whoever starts) & Krul. Forster won't be a bad shout either when he's added to the game.

Quick Reply

Latest