The Student Room Group

Lack of trust? Or over protective?

I get the feeling that my parents don't trust me, I'm an only child and I'm 16 years old. Some people in my year are forever at party's and getting drunk and going round town, some people in the year below do it too. I'm not asking for that, but they always want me back in by 10pm (and usually in bed with tv off by 10:30), they won't let anyone sleep over, and they won't me sleep over anywhere. They won't let me drink, they gave me a bottle to share between 5 of us to last a full night and kept telling my friends not to get drunk or be sick, which was just embarrasing. They take my phone away at night, and they always have to think about me going out with friends for ages. I love them, but wish they would let me live a little and stop restricting what I do as much, it's making me embrassed Infront of friends and I don't want to loose the friends. I'm not asking for house parties and going round town every day, I just want to do more of what my friends do. They get annoyed that I always say no to going out, I can't help it. Would appriciate any advice :smile:
Original post by James_matthew
I get the feeling that my parents don't trust me, I'm an only child and I'm 16 years old. Some people in my year are forever at party's and getting drunk and going round town, some people in the year below do it too. I'm not asking for that, but they always want me back in by 10pm (and usually in bed with tv off by 10:30), they won't let anyone sleep over, and they won't me sleep over anywhere. They won't let me drink, they gave me a bottle to share between 5 of us to last a full night and kept telling my friends not to get drunk or be sick, which was just embarrasing. They take my phone away at night, and they always have to think about me going out with friends for ages. I love them, but wish they would let me live a little and stop restricting what I do as much, it's making me embrassed Infront of friends and I don't want to loose the friends. I'm not asking for house parties and going round town every day, I just want to do more of what my friends do. They get annoyed that I always say no to going out, I can't help it. Would appriciate any advice :smile:

Heya, I've just moved this to friends, family and work. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending