The Student Room Group

How to get over my ex?

I hate my ex so much. He makes me so miserable. When I go out I see his face in my mind anywhere even after I moved to another state. Thats how much he tutored me. He used to stalk me. He followed me everywhere. He used to lie to his friends and family and said that I did things to him that I didn’t. He was very mean but would twist it around and make me it seem like I was. It’s been a while since I seen him but I’m filled with so much pain and dislike. I can’t trust anybody because of him. Men? Ha they don’t stand a chance since I’m scared of being nice just to be played and walked all over again. Since I dealt with a trash person it made me think that the rest of the world was trash. I know that he probably misses me and wants to see me but he’s the last person that I wanna see in this world. I used to always forgive and take him back but this time he’s done it big. It’s been a year. I think about him a lot and there is a part of me that wants to forgive and be happy but I can’t take him back. Please help? My ex was a dirty dog, he’s crybaby and manipulator.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I hate my ex so much. He makes me so miserable. When I go out I see his face in my mind anywhere even after I moved to another state. Thats how much he tutored me. He used to stalk me. He followed me everywhere. He used to lie to his friends and family and said that I did things to him that I didn’t. He was very mean but would twist it around and make me it seem like I was. It’s been a while since I seen him but I’m filled with so much pain and dislike. I can’t trust anybody because of him. Men? Ha they don’t stand a chance since I’m scared of being nice just to be played and walked all over again. Since I dealt with a trash person it made me think that the rest of the world was trash. I know that he probably misses me and wants to see me but he’s the last person that I wanna see in this world. I used to always forgive and take him back but this time he’s done it big. It’s been a year. I think about him a lot and there is a part of me that wants to forgive and be happy but I can’t take him back. Please help? My ex was a dirty dog, he’s crybaby and manipulator.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult and painful experience with your ex. Dealing with an emotionally abusive and manipulative person can leave lasting scars and make it challenging to trust others in future relationships. It's important to prioritize your well-being and take steps towards healing and moving forward.

Here are a few suggestions that may help you in this process:

Seek support: Consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor who specializes in relationship trauma and can provide you with guidance and support. They can help you work through your emotions, build resilience, and develop healthy coping strategies.

Focus on self-care: Take time for self-care activities that nurture your physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Engage in activities that you enjoy, practice mindfulness or meditation, exercise regularly, and surround yourself with positive influences.

Set boundaries: Establish clear boundaries with your ex to protect yourself from further harm. This may involve limiting or cutting off contact, blocking them on social media, and creating a safe distance to heal and move forward.

Challenge negative thoughts: Recognize that your negative perception of men and the world may be influenced by your past experiences. It's important to challenge these generalizations and not let one person's actions define your perception of others. Therapy can be helpful in reframing negative thoughts and building healthier beliefs about relationships and trust.

Take your time: Healing takes time, and it's important to be patient with yourself. Allow yourself to feel the pain and work through the emotions at your own pace. Avoid rushing into new relationships until you feel ready and have taken the necessary steps to heal from the past.

Remember, you deserve to be treated with respect, kindness, and love. Surround yourself with supportive friends and family, and focus on building a positive and fulfilling life for yourself. With time, healing, and self-reflection, you can regain trust in others and create healthier relationships in the future.
Try and make him jealous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending