The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't know about that, I don't think degrees have the respect they used too. I am an AO in the DVLA. I did my degree in sports science in Swansea, in all honesty it was a bit too high brow for me and there was a lot more science in there than I expected, some sport relevant eg physics and trajectory some not so much like working out the frequency for MRI and CT scans. I only just passed. But on looking into doing something with sport , I have had to do or courses and move onto strength and conditioning as these are what you need for jobs working in the main sports industry. These qualifications were not available to get through the course, so currently I wasted three years of my life , to finish university to do vocational qualifications that are a 5th of the price and a 3rd of the time. Yes you may say sports, fluffy subject and you only just passed. My friend Craig did maths, and then did his master's in what i think was theoretical maths maybe and got that and he is an AA earning less than me, where my manager who was in school with me and pretty much flunked his GCSE is well earning more than me. I think it is really important to think what you are going to do in your future and work towards that. Rather than thinking I'll study hard and get good grades I'll get a good job.
Original post by zssr
Business. .

I would also say business is sooooo popular its crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So why not start your own business

Latest