The Student Room Group

shall i revise before uni?

i'm doing a biological sciences degree and am unsure whether or not to revise. i feel like it'll be useful but i dont want to waste time
Reply 1
Personally I didn't -- in my experience, we went over the basics again anyway. I'm doing biomedical science and my biochemistry and chemistry modules were a lot of stuff we'd already done at A-Level with a bit more detail. I think because not everyone will have done the same qualifications so might not have the same basis. So I'd say that unless you have a burning desire to go over stuff, just enjoy your holiday and make sure you're all set up for going :smile:
ok thanks
Original post by hotchocolatecara
i'm doing a biological sciences degree and am unsure whether or not to revise. i feel like it'll be useful but i dont want to waste time

Hi @hotchocolatecara

I study biochemistry at university and I agree with @cyberhex, the degree will usually start at the basics ans build on that as opposed to assuming any prior knowledge. They know that everyone will have potentially had different teachers/syllabi, and so will be coming from different places and do their best to accommodate that.

Lancaster sent out a very simple pre-course for us to do over the summer holidays so we could see if we had any weaker areas if we wanted to look over them before starting, but I'd just take a break and enjoy life before you need to worry about lectures and coursework!

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by hotchocolatecara

Hello,

I've just finished my Biomedical Science degree at the University of Lincoln and I'd advise just to enjoy your summer and the weeks before university! It's important to note that people come from all different backgrounds so a lot of the time in first year, as was the case at the University of Lincoln, focuses on bringing everyone onto the same level. Anything you're struggling with they'll be time to speak to a lecturer, or go over it in your own time. This can be more beneficial as only a specific part of a topic may be covered on your course and you don't want to waste your time studying all of it. I'm sure university will be able to support you if you need it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending