The Student Room Group

Maths teacher touched me

Scroll to see replies

If this isn't a troll then he's creepy as and something needs to be said. It's inappropriate behaviour.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Thats very strange. The tears bit sounded to me that hes either gay or feminine (not saying men ant cry but in front of his student? Seriously?!).
Anyway he sounds like a creep to me so have a word with a teacher at your college because he could possibly do the same or even worse to other young girls now that you've left

He is quite feminine. Everyone knows he's really caring, he sometimes talks about all the problems in the world and the suffering in lessons and tbf he only did this hand-touch thing after the problems I was having. He's not done it to anyone before and has never made me stay behind before the month off so I just thought he was being nice and wanted me to feel like I had someone there :redface:
Original post by ryan9900
Then you're a ****ty person. You'll be sorry when you hear he's been sexually abusing some poor girl who was too scared to say anything and you could've stopped it.

Harsh. How do you report someone? He'll know I reported him, right?

Original post by MrDystopia
...and that means he's able to be inappropriate and over step the mark because? How would you feel if he did something worse to someone in the future. Or how would those affected feel if they found out you knew he was like this?

I understand it's pretty tough to speak out against someone who has a positive reputation, but you need to be strong and do so :/

I would hate for that to happen :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Harsh. How do you report someone? He'll know I reported him, right?

I would hate for that to happen :frown:

Indeed. The very least you can do is alert the police or those higher up in the school.
(edited 9 years ago)
Teachers have done way worse at my school
Original post by The vampire
Teachers have done way worse at my school

Like what? :eek:
either report him or make it very clear you have no interest in him. teachers are supposed to be mature and repsonsible >_> this kind of stuff really ticks me off...
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or not but it needs to be anonymous.
Right, so my maths teacher at college is a really nice guy, he gets along with everyone and is just a really crazy fun guy. He calls us all his darlings and every maths lesson he greets us all individually.
Anyway, I went through quite a few problems this year so missed a month of college and when I was back in class he told me to stay behind. We sat down and he start talking to me about how I can come and talk to him about anything and that I could get through all of this. Then he randomly reached over and took my hand and held onto it telling me it's all going to be ok (with tears in his eyes) :redface:
After this every time he'd ask me to stay back (which was once every two weeks or so) he'd either touch me on the shoulder or take my hand in his hand, once he even said "I like holding your hand." I never thought anything of it but once my friend was waiting for me and she saw, when I got out of class she asked me why he was holding my hand and told me she thinks he likes me. I had never once thought of it like that because he's generally nice and caring, plus everyone assumes he's gay.
Oh and once my friend and I went to see him about something on the maths section of my college profile and it had my picture on there (an ugly picture, the one that they take on your first day of college). After seeing it he turned to my friend and said "Isn't she just beautiful?" :redface:
I don't know, is that weird? I didn't think anything of it but my friend thinks it's really odd.

I worked in a school as a classroom teaching assistant. It may vary from school to school but we were given briefings about stuff like this and they suggested it was ok to put your hand on a student's shoulder or hold their hand if they were upset and/or prompted it.

If you are 100% sure about the things he has supposedly said then just back off a little and stop staying behind if he asks. If you do, just avoid him touching you and say that you'd be more comfortable if he didn't.

He could just be geuinely far too involved with his students and a bit of an extravogant personality using words ilke darling and beautiful readily without much consideration. He could also be grooming you. Just use some common sense and if you are uncomfortable, say you'd be more comfortable without holding hands etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sounds strange.
Maybe notify the head of the school anonymously just so in the future they'll be aware.
Sounds strangely similar to something that's happened to me minus the creepy behaviour... Tears in his eyes?... Okaaaaay then.

I guess the difference is that when my teacher touched my hand or whatever i didn't see it as weird at all, he did it to comfort me and i didn't see anything wrong with it. He never made me feel uncomfortable, i guess i saw him as a friend i could confide in and friends comfort each other so i never thought it was weird and it was just the sort of person he is so i didn't question it.

I would just go with your gut instinct, if you believe that he was doing it for the wrong reasons, you felt uncomfortable or that his behaviour is strange you should report your concerns so it can at least be looked into and so you could possibly save another girl from feeling the same way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place or not but it needs to be anonymous.
Right, so my maths teacher at college is a really nice guy, he gets along with everyone and is just a really crazy fun guy. He calls us all his darlings and every maths lesson he greets us all individually.
Anyway, I went through quite a few problems this year so missed a month of college and when I was back in class he told me to stay behind. We sat down and he start talking to me about how I can come and talk to him about anything and that I could get through all of this. Then he randomly reached over and took my hand and held onto it telling me it's all going to be ok (with tears in his eyes) :redface:
After this every time he'd ask me to stay back (which was once every two weeks or so) he'd either touch me on the shoulder or take my hand in his hand, once he even said "I like holding your hand." I never thought anything of it but once my friend was waiting for me and she saw, when I got out of class she asked me why he was holding my hand and told me she thinks he likes me. I had never once thought of it like that because he's generally nice and caring, plus everyone assumes he's gay.
Oh and once my friend and I went to see him about something on the maths section of my college profile and it had my picture on there (an ugly picture, the one that they take on your first day of college). After seeing it he turned to my friend and said "Isn't she just beautiful?" :redface:
I don't know, is that weird? I didn't think anything of it but my friend thinks it's really odd.

You're assuming he's gay, which is what the majority of teens in schools do with a young male teacher... people did that with one of our English teachers and only stopped when he brought his wife in!

I would go have a quiet word with pastoral care at your college or a Head of Dept. It's not on for him to act like this.
Before you do report him consider this: Are you over analysing this situation? If you were in a state of distress then he might just be getting a bit too involved so it looks dodgy. However some of the points you have stated make him sound a bit off key so I would just talk to someone higher up in the college and clear it up- before it gets too out of hand.
Even if you don't go all out and report him, do let another member of staff (preferably a senior one) know. With that being said, a lot of his behaviour seems 'normal' and 'caring', being a maths teacher myself, but a lot of his behaviour is out of line too.
Report him before it goes further

he is abusing his position
Original post by Serena20
Sounds strangely similar to something that's happened to me minus the creepy behaviour... Tears in his eyes?... Okaaaaay then.

I guess the difference is that when my teacher touched my hand or whatever i didn't see it as weird at all, he did it to comfort me and i didn't see anything wrong with it. He never made me feel uncomfortable, i guess i saw him as a friend i could confide in and friends comfort each other so i never thought it was weird and it was just the sort of person he is so i didn't question it.

I would just go with your gut instinct, if you believe that he was doing it for the wrong reasons, you felt uncomfortable or that his behaviour is strange you should report your concerns so it can at least be looked into and so you could possibly save another girl from feeling the same way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt the same way as you. It's just after my friend said something that I thought it may be weird so I thought I'd ask on here.
Reply 35
sexual harassment, report him.
OP, isn't it summer holidays??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
OP, isn't it summer holidays??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not in college anymore lol, this was a few months ago. I just randomly thought of asking about it here.
Why didnt any of my teachers do this. :sexface:
Don't be a snitch, just avoid him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending