The Student Room Group

Clearing hotlines

I have been looking at clearing places because I think I'm going to miss my offer, and I've noticed the clearing lines open at 7am - but my school doesn't give out our results until 8am (and then they never give them out on time!). Does anyone know if I can still ring up and try and get a place, if UCAS updates and I miss my offer, before I have my grades? Would my UCAS number give them access to the results? I just think it's a bit unfair if I miss the clearing choice I want because of my school! :confused:
Original post by Firefly13
I have been looking at clearing places because I think I'm going to miss my offer, and I've noticed the clearing lines open at 7am - but my school doesn't give out our results until 8am (and then they never give them out on time!). Does anyone know if I can still ring up and try and get a place, if UCAS updates and I miss my offer, before I have my grades? Would my UCAS number give them access to the results? I just think it's a bit unfair if I miss the clearing choice I want because of my school! :confused:

Universities will not discuss clearing with you without your having a clearing number, which you won't have until Track updates, confirming you have missed your place. You cannot get your grades from Track. Many other schools will not be giving out results any earlier than yours, so you will be in a very large company. Some people may get their results online, but life isn't a level playing field, unfortunately. Since some schools don't give the results out until midday, you can take comfort from being ahead of the game in some cases, even if you are behind it in others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending