The Student Room Group

Job prospectives in Neurosciences

Hey guys
I am an international student from Austria and think of studying Neurosciences this year at either the University of Dundee or the Uni of Glasgow. What University it will be is not quite sure yet.
I am very interested in the subject but so far I just heard bad about the job market in life sciences. So is it really that bad. Because I think it is pointless to study something and not get a job afterwards....
I will start my first year of my bsc so I am right at the beginning but the plan is to go into research once. Is it possible to find jobs there?
I would also like to hear some experiences from current life science students.
Kind regards
Michael
Reply 1
I'm going to be studying ecology this coming September. The current lack of biology related jobs is definitely concerning, however, I am certain there will be more job opportunities for someone studying a subject specific to human physiology/medical related, like yourself. Research positions in any science seem to require post-graduate qualifications though (ideally a pHD). If your really interested in a subject just go for it, well that's my ethos anyway haha.
Original post by lewiss41
If your really interested in a subject just go for it, well that's my ethos anyway haha.

I am really interested but the thing is that I dont want to work at Mc donalds after a couple of years studying...So I am really unsure what to do...would be nice if some graduate student could say something to the job prospectives :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending