The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who thinks we should just sit back and leave ISIS to grow?

I'm not an extremist Muslim, actually I'm not religious at all. But ISIS isn't really a threat to Britain, or the US/Europe. It just wants to establish a Caliphate, something a lot of Muslims want and the Koran says. While I don't necessarily support what they do, I can still be impressed with the efficiency they're doing it.

I just don't think we should have any mandate in what Muslims do in the name of their faith if it doesn't affect us. I mean it won't be the first time the West has sat back and watched a state grow, it let the Jews have Israel...

It's also beneficial because it gets rid of home grown extremists, they'll all leave the UK to become jihadis and never come back cos they burn their passports. Sounds like a win to me.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nope. Just you mate.
I doubt that you're a Muslim, but you're definitely not a Yazidi.
Reply 3
You must be insane. Have you seen how much territory that they want? It will surely lead to a big war.
Reply 4
I just wish everyone would get on a lot better be it ISIS, Mr Putin,The Ukrainians etc as its wreaking havoc with my portfolio. Perhaps i shall follow Mr Buffets mantra and buy in times of turmoil.
If they don't have to dedicate manpower to establishing their abhorrent caliphate, they'll be plotting to bomb the west or some stereotypically islamist ****e. Flush scum out before it can grow.
Reply 6
yes, too bad it isn't enforced on the terrorising israelis
Reply 7
Original post by thisistheend
I'm not an extremist Muslim, actually I'm not religious at all. But ISIS isn't really a threat to Britain, or the US/Europe. It just wants to establish a Caliphate, something a lot of Muslims want and the Koran says. While I don't necessarily support what they do, I can still be impressed with the efficiency they're doing it.

I just don't think we should have any mandate in what Muslims do in the name of their faith if it doesn't affect us. I mean it won't be the first time the West has sat back and watched a state grow, it let the Jews have Israel...

It's also beneficial because it gets rid of home grown extremists, they'll all leave the UK to become jihadis and never come back cos they burn their passports. Sounds like a win to me.

A large Islamic state is not in western interests, certainly not one with a Mediterranean coast. Imagine if they made a success of themselves or went nuclear, wed find it difficult to control them. Imagine if they allied with Russia like Iran.
Aren't they trying (or have succeeded) in killing many ethnic minorities?

That's genocide. If isis had their way, several ethnic groups would go extinct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, you are the only one who thinks that. Probably.

ISIS are a rare case where a modern military intervention is pretty clear cut between "goodies and baddies". That narrative is often abused in places like Syria, where the opposition is as bad as Assad's government. But it is pretty accurate with ISIS, who brutally murder anyone who disagrees with them - christians, kurds, yazidis, shia muslims and even non extremist sunni muslims.
Problem is the caliphate they want to establish includes Europe and the United States.

Many want the black flag of Islam raised over the White House, which would make the US President (or Sultan..?) a Newcastle supporter. Their constant rage at football performances may cause them to bomb the North of England. So it does affect us.

Also wouldn't want these peeps in charge of an Iraqi airport.
Yes because if we let it grow all our homegrown extremists will go over there and we'll all be safe and happy.
Reply 13
Its like a hornets nest the only good thing about isis id say is its taking the crazy brothers over here and they are all going over there and dying which is goood its a shame they all try to act like genius sheikhs.
Reply 14
You want to leave ISIS to grow and continue its genocide? Jesus f*cking christ dude, they're murdering children simply because their parents are Christian and slitting men's throats because they're the 'wrong type of Muslim'. Just go on Twitter and type in #ISIS, you'll find pictures of beheaded children.. and you want to leave this to continue happening? Read this article and watch the videos.
(edited 9 years ago)
can someone aware me on what is their end goal?
Problem is, they're committing genocide and other horrendous acts of violence on anyone who isn't muslim or who they just don't like. That's why they need to be stopped.
Reply 17
Original post by Greg Jackson
can someone aware me on what is their end goal?

ISIS' stated goal is to establish a caliphate, an Islamic state led by a supreme religious and political leader.
Reply 18

It doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Because they'd sooner or later invade Israel and then get thoroughly abolished (even without US air strikes).
lol. All the Muslims in the forum have been a bit quiet recently about peace loving Islam and how the West is full of barbarians. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending