The Student Room Group

School claim that my AS certificates were lost in postage... is the school at fault

After completing my AS in 2012 ,at Kenilworth School and Sixth Form, I went to collect them with the A level student that year in person but was told the school did not have any certificates for me and the school persuade me not to worry about this and said the would in stead send me the certificates (verbal agreement) , instead I received a letter stating my grades and contacted the school a number of times to which they sent me a letter saying that my certificates had been lost in the post. Now after completing a BTEC I will soon be going to uni this year and am wondering how and if I can get the school compensate/reimburse me for the cost of new certificates.

Update 13/08/14
After contacting the local bbc, local facebook news sites, ect the school finally "found" my AS certificates, after telling me they were lost in post for 2 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
If they posted the results, it's their responsibility. If they can't find them then it's their responsibility to claim compensation from Royal Mail or whoever posted them. If that fails, they should pay the exam boards to get your certificates reprinted. There's no way you should be paying for an error you had nothing to do with.
If they were actually lost in the post and it isn't that the sixth form have lost them somehow, then i dont think they would because it's not their fault, blame would be with whatever company delivered them.
The best thing to do would be to email your sixth form tutor or someone and explain the situation and ask how you can get your certificates
Reply 3
Original post by racheyroo
If they were actually lost in the post and it isn't that the sixth form have lost them somehow, then i dont think they would because it's not their fault, blame would be with whatever company delivered them.
The best thing to do would be to email your sixth form tutor or someone and explain the situation and ask how you can get your certificates

Update 13/08/14
After contacting the local bbc, local facebook news sites, ect the school finally "found" my AS certificates, after telling me they were lost in post for 2 years.
Original post by gogorab
Update 13/08/14

Ahh sorry to hear you had to go to all that effort but at least youve got them now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending