The Student Room Group

School regret

So Ive been thinking about my life and past recently and have been putting it all together.
One thing I regret was in school, not doing enough extracurriculars like sport etc., but then again, my last 2 years of school (sixth form) were literally both ruined by COVID and the lockdowns. Would this be justified? I'm trying to make up for it in uni I guess but it still bugs me that I could've done more.
(edited 1 year ago)
Live your life now, and always always fight back in the future against any person or organisation that tries to take away your freedom and life over a common cold.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
Live your life now, and always always fight back in the future against any person or organisation that tries to take away your freedom and life over a common cold.

I really didnt like the lockdown personally but there wasnt really any choice over it, my school got completely closed.
Original post by albayati
So Ive been thinking about my life and past recently and have been putting it all together.
One thing I regret was in school, not doing enough extracurriculars like sport etc., but then again, my last 2 years of school (sixth form) were literally both ruined by COVID and the lockdowns. Would this be justified? I'm trying to make up for it in uni I guess but it still bugs me that I could've done more.

When you ask, "Would this be justified?", what is the "this" to which you refer? Not doing enough extracurriculars at school? Why does this regret (or any regret really) need a justification?

Covid impacted many people in many ways, including access to extracurricular activities. There's little point chastising yourself for not doing more when it was largely out of your control.

Your "trying to make up for it in uni" approach is exactly the right one.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
When you ask, "Would this be justified?", what is the "this" to which you refer? Not doing enough extracurriculars at school? Why does this regret (or any regret really) need a justification?

Covid impacted many people in many ways, including access to extracurricular activities. There's little point chastising yourself for not doing more when it was largely out of your control.

Your "trying to make up for it in uni" approach is exactly the right one.

True, you're right. I meant is this a sensible reason that affected everyone else too? I think so.
I really didnt like the lockdown personally but there wasnt really any choice over it, my school got completely closed.

It's not your fault. It's the crazed people who either allowed themselves to be deranged by Covid, or just loved the feeling of power and righteousness it gave them to hold power over others. Just try to enjoy your life now, sure - make up for lost time - but going forward make sure you don't let people get away with this kind of thing in the future. Fight back.
Reply 6
It's not your fault. It's the crazed people who either allowed themselves to be deranged by Covid, or just loved the feeling of power and righteousness it gave them to hold power over others. Just try to enjoy your life now, sure - make up for lost time - but going forward make sure you don't let people get away with this kind of thing in the future. Fight back.

I see your point. There were a lot of mistakes made in Covid by the government in my opinion, at least it's over honestly.
I see your point. There were a lot of mistakes made in Covid by the government in my opinion, at least it's over honestly.

The government made a lot of mistakes - but the people most to blame are those who cheered it all on, and still believe in it all. They took a lot from you. Don't ever forget that.
Reply 8
The government made a lot of mistakes - but the people most to blame are those who cheered it all on, and still believe in it all. They took a lot from you. Don't ever forget that.

i agree. the pandemic did expose a lot of corruption not just in the UK but around the world.
i agree. the pandemic did expose a lot of corruption not just in the UK but around the world.

This site (TSR) is a prime example. They censored anything that went against the narrative they wanted to forward over Coronavirus, and they still do.

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending