The Student Room Group
what help do u need on those topics? (be more specific)
Reply 2
What database systems are used in a Health Centre.

What ICT systems/software can be used for staff wages in a Health Centre.

Website hosting I think I can do myself lol.

Thanks for any help.
I'm assuming you want to know about how information systems are used in each of these contexts and what the potential benfits exist.

Health centres will most likely be required hold records about patients. Such data they will require are name, place of residence, as well as medical history and notes.

Booking appointments to see the doctors/nurses/health advisors will also be of importance. Room allocation would also be connected to the system.

These records may sometimes be networked so any room in the clinic and potentially other health centres or hospitals can access this information, however in the real world this is not frequently the case due to security issues. (Computer Misuse Act/Data Protection Act)

There are a number of benefits of using ICT solutions, rather than the old conventional methods:

Records can be more readily backed up, moved around (physically), and archived using computing methods than conventional paper methods;

Records can be stored on hard disk or magnetic tape which is much smaller in physical size than a filing cabinet;

Data can be obtained much more conviently via search when compared to typical files;

It is often much faster to find data using computing methods rather than conventional methods;

Usually a firm and standardised data structure is enforced on computing systems where as paper-based methods can be less organised;

Validation and verification of data can be achieved on computing systems;

There are many other benefits but I'm sure you can think of them yourself.

In addition some health care centres adopt expert (intelligent) systems. These are similar to databases because they hold alot of data regarding illnesses however are actually complex pieces of software. Within this context, such a program may be used for assistance with diagnosing health conditions.

With respect to calculating wages - times of work can be stored, can be batch processed overnight and the payments can be performed automatically via electronic banking.

Software including datasbases for holding data on staff and rates of pay, this can be merged with spreadsheets or other software such as tailored programs which are used to log hours and calculate pay, which can be merged with a word processing or DTP (desktop publisher) to generate wage slips. Frequenlt software packages are used, for example MS Office.
the letts revision guide donates two pages two health care databases if i remember rightly. check your school library
Reply 5
A good site for GCSE database project advice is http://www.norwichtutors.co.uk they are offering free examiner feedback for the analysis stage plus other useful services.
Hi
go to BBC.Co.Uk

search "health service computer system"

National

Latest

Trending

Trending