The Student Room Group

Some urgent advise/help please! Bad resul

Hey just wondering if anybody can help with my situation. Basically I'm an AS year 12 student. As you all know it was results day today and unfortunately I scored BDUU.

Now let me explain.. At the beginning of the year I chose BIO an CHEM. Within a few weeks I grew to hate them and wanted to swap them but I wasn't allowed. Result? I got two U's. As for the D, that was religious studies and I just happened to have an awful exam and I didn't finish on time, I couldn't revise properly with my sister being VERY ill etc.

Before the summer term I decided with my dep that for year 13 I would take up an AS and A2 of a subject to complete in one year so I could leave with three alevels. Any suggestions which is best?
Now dep has recommended staying for two more years but I am already a year behind due to a gap year I took :/ so confused.
Also If I do pick up an AS&A2, do a2 sociology and R.S (and resit the AS exam) would any uni even look at my application due to my unfortunate U's? Or just ignore it. Please advise I'm so pressured right now! Wish the college let me drop science from beginning :'(

Quick Reply

Latest