The Student Room Group

Married to Brit with British Child, from Kenya originally, lived here 9 years

Hi. I do not have ILTR yet, am on 10 year route. SFE have rejected my application for finance and living allowance? Anyone know why or what I can do please? I have started year 2 already, year 1 I got help, but now it is no?
Reply 1
Sorry, but obviously this is quite urgent, so anyone out there :-)
Original post by markvio
Sorry, but obviously this is quite urgent, so anyone out there :-)

SFE can take a day or two to reply here so you may struggle to get an 'official' answer.

I can only suggest calling them and trying to find out what has changed between your year 1 eligibility and year 2.
Reply 3
Thank you. I will try an and wait a while, still researching online too, so a lot of information to digest

Original post by Admit-One
SFE can take a day or two to reply here so you may struggle to get an 'official' answer.

I can only suggest calling them and trying to find out what has changed between your year 1 eligibility and year 2.
Original post by markvio
Thank you. I will try an and wait a while, still researching online too, so a lot of information to digest

Fees and funding are complicated issues at the best of times. I have more familiarity than most users but I very rarely give any advice because it is so convoluted. SFE are your best bet, especially if they think your entitlement has changed.
Original post by Admit-One
Fees and funding are complicated issues at the best of times. I have more familiarity than most users but I very rarely give any advice because it is so convoluted. SFE are your best bet, especially if they think your entitlement has changed.

Original post by markvio

Original post by markvio
Hi. I do not have ILTR yet, am on 10 year route. SFE have rejected my application for finance and living allowance? Anyone know why or what I can do please? I have started year 2 already, year 1 I got help, but now it is no?

Hi there,

We can't access accounts on this platform if we've rejected your application and you wish to discuss this then please call us on 0300 100 0607 we'll be able to further advise.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thank you Jason,

Can I rephrase it to a person from another country (not EU or British Territory)
Moved to the UK nearly 10 years ago for the purpose of living and working here in the UK
With a British spouse with their British child
Has been working here for the past 8 years, still working with local gov pension contributions etc
Gone part time work to attend University working towards becoming a teacher here in the UK (not a teaching degree per se, just a BA Hons) then in 2 years start a PGCE
Completed Year 1 (received support from SFE)
Started Year 2
and wants financial help for it now for years 2 and then 3
Current immigration status is leave to remain as a family member (no recourse to public funds), will be applying for indefinite leave the end of next year as per Home Office instructions
What is available please

(Original post by SFE Jason)Hi there,

We can't access accounts on this platform if we've rejected your application and you wish to discuss this then please call us on 0300 100 0607 we'll be able to further advise.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending