The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you're playing 1600 words in diagrams, I think there is a fairly good chance the marker will dock you severly. The IB loves to enforce word limits, and you would be okay if you were masquerading 100-200 words, but then again it really depends on how you have them in your diagrams.
Reply 2
I have them in my diagrams very neatly :smile: like they are not apparent that i was just throwing stuff in the boxes its like discreet not a box with the conclusion in it and its very much discrete and the diagrams are put in a way that they dont look as a host to the 1600 runaway words like they are very well hidden
Does my teacher mark them or an ib somebody across the ocean?
Reply 3
Depends on the size of your class and if the computer chooses you. If it does, your IA will be sent away.
Reply 4
in business and management out teachers advise using tables to reduce the word count as long as the information isnt a huge block of text. eg we were told to put swat analysis in tables
Well its marked by your teacher first, who gives u a grade, and its regraded by IB later on.

It really depends how you arranged your words. Throwing 1600 words into diagrams is... well its an enormous task :biggrin:
Reply 6
since i did my extended essay in chemistry all my data was in tables, and there were over 600 words in these tables and diagrams. my teacher told that in that case the length of the extended essay should be 10% less, because that accounts for extra words and numbers (which are not whole worlds and therefore are tricky to really "count"). i'm not really sure how much that would apply to you, but perhaps...
Reply 7
Thank you all
Tommorrow I must present it to my teacher :biggrin:
Im extremely proud of my work in this
we'll see his reaction :smile:
I'll let you know how it works out

Thank you all very much
Reply 8
i say, don't try to take any short cuts or they'll kill you.
you will actaully be murdered, i heard the IBO spend more of their budget on guns and ammunition and the such then they do on printing the exams...scary

Latest

Trending

Trending