The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh.. im assuming ur not a 1st yr? dno y.. bt if u aint.. u kno freshers? isit a big thing.. or ok 2 miss?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
actually i am gonna be a first year. freshers is good coz u get 2 kno every1 and dat. Its more difficult if your not on campus ive heard so duno wot im gonna do. Still trying to find somewhere to stay may have to sleep in the Student Union.
Reply 22
oh... ok.. im gna commute or get a yard until jan
i think im jus gna geta yard nr soho rd.. aint even cn it bt onli 1 from sept-dec contract
The Uni have the Student Advice Centre which can help you find somewhere to live, if you don't mind sharing a house in Erdington or something.

Click here for contact details
Arift...i was thinking maybe resorting to a cardboard box outside the uni wud be a gud idea...just as long as it doesnt rain...but umm lil kaur...soho road is a dump...i was there yesterday gettin sum outfits for a wedding this weekend- and if i lived there id die.

Also im pretty anxious about the fact that not being on campus means interagting will be more difficult...i duno just depends on wat ur like as a person...im sure it'll be fine....but omg...things have not gone to plan at all!!
Reply 25
lol yep might have to be done. So where u staying if u didn't get campus accomodation?
Reply 26
yeh i kno wot u mean about it bein a dump! haha bt its jus i wan those halls in jan. n thas the onli house thats let me do sept-dec so far.. so i dnooooooo... i wish i was on campus man! i do think its gna b harder livin in a house 4 1st yr. n on the astonguild site.. all the houses i rang had already been bookd up.
it is hard lil kaur....well think were all in the same boat....and im sure theres plenty of others...the uni has to help us wit sumin coz i dont think itd look great havin homeless students....is it me but they r like really unhelpful? I waas just told...after ringing for some help..."u have to make ur own arrangements now" and that was it. Thanks a lot for ur freakin help!!

What am i gona do now? Well my nana lives in Moesley which is not too far away...i mean its easy to get to town on the bus....but its gona be a bit ****, i mean living wit my nan for the first couple months!! Sayin that tho, it wud probably be rent free and id get my clothes and meals done. But still!!!

My god i swear for the past couple days ive had soo little sleep coz of this freakin stress. Well folks....im gona try get sum sleep..
Right you guys! Stop panicking! You WILL find somewhere to live.

If the SAC aren't being very helpful right now, don't worry too much. During Freshers' Week, go up and see them (2nd floor of the Guild, to the right as you come out the lift/stairs). There's also a list of houses you can rent and a list of people needing housemates up just outside too.

I think there's also people offering on the MySpace page who have spare rooms or need housemates, but I can understand if your parents wouldn't want you going off to live with someone you met online!

Here is a website that might help, I think the second house listed and the third one from the bottom have one free room and if you sign up to the site you can get more information about the house and give you contact details for the person who owns it. Just a thought!
Reply 29
miss buddah, phone heights get put on waiting list, u may have to live with ur nan for like 2 weeks but then u will prob get a place, or live in a b and b for a couple of weeks and then move to heights.
Aston was my insurance offer. So pretty sure I haven't got a place on campus. I emailed the guild for advice and they just emailed me a list of hotels wich were 50 pound a nite. wot a joke!!!Really not sure what to do now then if it looks like even the private accommoadtion is full.

Anyone else in the same place?
whats the address of that myspace page?
Reply 32
its a ***d up reali... that only firm choice ppl get halls.
i finali got my freshers pack 2day, even tho i dont understand any of it!! this loan stuff is 2 confusing!!
Reply 33
i've rang up everywhere no seems 2 interested im 13th on the heights waiting list and they said very few people drop out if any at all. Uni said people do drop out but mainly in november so that doesn't help to much. Lets all camp out in one of da lecture rooms
Reply 34
Aston isnt big enough to offer accomodation to those not putting Aston as their firm choice. This simple fact is evident from reading the information presented to you about Aston at various open days and if I remember correctly, upon their website. This is one of the, if not the, smallest university in the country and accomodation is one area in which it lacks significantly, this is exacerbated by the demand that Aston suffers from its highly regarded teaching and university reputation.
satanic surfer
whats the address of that myspace page?

Join up to MySpace if you haven't already and add Aston as your Uni then go to its page. I haven't checked on there for a while, but I think there might at least be people wanting roommates
Reply 36
go on www.accomodationsforstudents.com

go on birmingham
then rooms
then there is loads of bham rooms advertised..

also.. i think.. homes4students.com?
The main area of Birmingham I suggest you search for would be Erdington, it's the closest and most easily accessible from the Uni
masfeo
miss buddah, phone heights get put on waiting list, u may have to live with ur nan for like 2 weeks but then u will prob get a place, or live in a b and b for a couple of weeks and then move to heights.

Cheers buddy ...will do
Reply 39
i fink around hagley rd is aite.. cos that way its nr 2 uni and Broad St

Latest