The Student Room Group

Contents insurance for students? Anyone bothering?

Hi, I'll be taking a TV, laptop and desktop PC to uni and I know it would give me peace of mind to know that all 3 were insured, just in case.

I'm aware that a popular choice of contents insurance for students is Endsleigh (thanks for the spam, UCAS); however they don't offer insurance for televisions or desktop PCs.

Anyone doing the same as me have any insight?
Reply 1
Going into halls? Check what they have. My university did have contents cover with Endsleigh for halls, for an extra £6. It covered all non-mobile contents (i.e. not mobiles, laptops, tablets) but it did cover desktop computers.

If it's private - i've just done it with Endsleigh again actually. As above, extras need to be added on for portable devices (phones, laptops, tablets, cameras) and extra for things like instruments, bikes etc. but basic cover can be something like £25 (that was based on about ~£4000 contents cover). I went through this over the phone with them, as there's a few odd bits and pieces with the online one - don't get tricked into something more expensive.

Cover4Students I believe is the other alternative, although not used them myself. I couldn't find much other than those two.
Check whether you're covered under your parents' insurance.

All my time at uni (in halls, in private accom) I have been covered under my mother's insurance at no extra cost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
check and double check to see if you are covered by parents insurance first, and a lot of the time accommodation for students will include specific student insurance from companies such as endlseigh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending