The Student Room Group

University Social life

Hey guys, sorry If this section isn't perhaps the most relevant to post in but yeah..

So I'm starting year 13 this September and I've pretty much laid down 4/5 of my options for my courses based on the content and how interesting it is to me and of course what I want to do. Then after that I based it on rankings and open days that I've visited them on etc.

One aspect I haven't really thought about is the social life, now I know uni is uni, every has its pros and cons but It would be really nice to get some feedback on the student satisfaction and general social life as well how much the lecturers actually care for your course from my following (not yet confirmed options).

1) Oxford - Went to the open day, loved it , first choice, (classics)
2) LSE - Also visited, loved it (International relations and history)
3) Warwick - Haven't visited but the course looks extraordinary, though I keep hearing everyone say on the forums that it's isolated and boring? (History)
4) UCL - student satisfaction rate is pretty low and people say its boring? (history)
5) Bath - Been here many times to the uni, loved it and my friends studying here say its great; socially and education wise (International relations and politics)

Now I know a lot of this is subjective, but after a lot of research on the courses , these unis I found were the ones I liked the most, I just don't want to apply and get into a uni where everything is boring and isolated, no parties or lecturers don't care about you that much etc.

Thanks In advanced, I just need feedback on UCL and Warwick really, I've heard that they're the two most supposedly "boring" unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending