The Student Room Group

Dreading to go to work - don't know what to do.

I have a job that pays OK, the place is OK, the bosses are OK but it seems I'm dreading each time I go to my cubical.

I tend to have it really rough early in the morning (wanting to quit, find a new job, etc.) but once I start doing work, I feel normal and could proceed with my tasks.

During the weekends, I also tend to think of wanting to quit, find a new job, etc.

If I asked myself why, maybe because I don't find the job that interesting. If I want to do something that interests me, I probably would have to wait 3-4 (or maybe more) years to get what I'm getting now ... which is not great either.

I know that we shouldn't live our lives doing things that we don't want, but we also need some good financial standing.

I really don't know what to do ...
Someone has been through the same thing?
Well what is it you're doing? I used to feel like that at my old job, withput really knowing why. I.used yup wake up in the middle of the night dreading it and not being able to sleep but when I actually got there it was fine. Personslly I quit as it was only a part time job and felt so much better for it. So you could definitely look into trying to get a new job but don't leave your exisiting one til you b have something. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by lyrical_lie
Well what is it you're doing? I used to feel like that at my old job, withput really knowing why. I.used yup wake up in the middle of the night dreading it and not being able to sleep but when I actually got there it was fine. Personslly I quit as it was only a part time job and felt so much better for it. So you could definitely look into trying to get a new job but don't leave your exisiting one til you b have something. :h:

This is what I'm feeling. I'm doing a full time job at the moment. The thing is, I wouldn't find a job that pays as good as now and TBH, I'm worried to restart things all over again : /
Original post by kka25
This is what I'm feeling. I'm doing a full time job at the moment. The thing is, I wouldn't find a job that pays as good as now and TBH, I'm worried to restart things all over again : /

I suppose that's true and there is always the fear that it is the same elsewhere. All I would suggest is make sure your health comes first and this means your mental health too. No point staying in somewhere you hate because you're worried about whats out there. Also what helped me is looking at other job adverts but realising that my job actually had some good points that I would prefer. Also pro and con lists are your friends. It might make you feel better about any decisions you make.
Reply 4
Original post by lyrical_lie
I suppose that's true and there is always the fear that it is the same elsewhere. All I would suggest is make sure your health comes first and this means your mental health too. No point staying in somewhere you hate because you're worried about whats out there. Also what helped me is looking at other job adverts but realising that my job actually had some good points that I would prefer. Also pro and con lists are your friends. It might make you feel better about any decisions you make.

In my quest to find some good financial standing and fear of what's out there, I didn't even think much about this. Well, I think I did in a sense of how good salaries can give me better prospects.

TBH, at the moment all I want is to just sit at home, watch movies or go on a vacation! I don't want to take any vacation since it will eat up my remaining leaves (and I'm planning to use them in case I quit the company)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending