The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

So done with my degree

I am a 2nd yr student and I am feeling so let down by Sussex uni. The teaching isn't great, the feedback on work is pretty much non-existant and when you do get some it's contradictory. The marking is wildly inconsistent. And it's like literally no one cares! There is no one you can talk to about any problems because no one cares. The timetable is dreadful and doesn't allow a productive work flow. I'm on the cusp of just jacking it in and doing something different. They are ruining my lifelong dreams and plans for the future. I had such high hopes for uni and I'm now left feeling like I made a terrible mistake! WWYD?
ummmm idk thats rly annoying. could try to change unis somehow
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
What course are you on? I want to know in case it's unique to a certain faculty.
Original post by JMarchant80
Physics. And I know I'm not alone, there are a lot of us this year that are feeling that it's all a bit hopeless
Edit. There are also a lot of last year's yr2 repeating this year (this should have been a warning to me at how bad it might be) which doesn't really reflect well on the university. I just feel really down at the moment. Can't wait to go home for Xmas and recharge my mental health a bit, see my old friends etc Hopefully I'll make the right decision.

Thanks. I was considering Sussex for Medical Neuroscience but my parents wanted me to go local with Surrey biochemistry and this kind of validates my choice.
Reply 4
Original post by willdasilva820
Thanks. I was considering Sussex for Medical Neuroscience but my parents wanted me to go local with Surrey biochemistry and this kind of validates my choice.

Best of luck. Sussex is a great uni as in location and city etc. it's just some of the teaching staff are very hit and miss, obviously I can only speak for my course, but I've had some good and then some dreadful and none of it seems very fairly done which is the thing that upsets me the most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending