The Student Room Group

Is it true the Bugatti Veyron's tyres can only be changed in two places in the world?

Is it true the Bugatti Veyron's tyres can only be changed by special machines in two places in the world, at the factory in France and at a place on the West Coast of the USA? So if you owned one in the UK Jack Barclay would have to ship or fly the car back to France just to change the tyres and would not be able to change the Bugatti Veyron's tyres at their North Acton Bugatti service centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hsv
Is it true the Bugatti Veyron's tyres can only be changed by special machines in two places in the world, at the factory in France and at a place on the West Coast of the USA? So if you owned one in the UK Jack Barclay would have to ship or fly the car back to France just to change the tyres and would not be able to change the Bugatti Veyron's tyres at their North Acton Bugatti service centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea but it really wouldn't surprise me!

Is your username related to Holden at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
no
Reply 3
Original post by bobsta10
No idea but it really wouldn't surprise me!

Is your username related to Holden at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is :smile: Holden Special Vehicles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hsv
Yes it is :smile: Holden Special Vehicles

Posted from TSR Mobile

They make some beautiful monsters! Luckily, living in Brisbane, I see them daily :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Given how often a tyre change is needed on the Veyron, it'd probably work out cheaper just to buy one of their special machines along with the car, assuming that they do actually exist (the machines that is, evidence already suggests that the car is real).
Reply 6
Original post by Dez
Given how often a tyre change is needed on the Veyron, it'd probably work out cheaper just to buy one of their special machines along with the car, assuming that they do actually exist (the machines that is, evidence already suggests that the car is real).

Thanks, hahaha yeah hopefully the Veyron vitesse I saw at Jack Barclay was real or I could have imagined it. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410791669.839782.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by bobsta10
They make some beautiful monsters! Luckily, living in Brisbane, I see them daily :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think of the now defunct Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV). Or is the Ford Australia/Holden divide so strong you dislike them? Since as a outsider I like both FPV and HSV.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hsv
What do you think of the now defunct Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV). Or is the Ford Australia/Holden divide so strong you dislike them? Since as a outsider I like both FPV and HSV.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally quite liked them. Being from England, and driving a Fiesta when I was there, I am pretty fond of Ford's. I couldn't believe how hated they are here though! I think Holden were always going to be too far ahead in popularity for Ford to gain any ground against them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goes through tyres every 2500 miles and needs new wheels every 3 tyre changes >.>
Tyres cost £25000 and wheels £30000

Even if you could afford one it's not a cheap car to own haha.
Reply 10
Original post by Camoxide
Goes through tyres every 2500 miles and needs new wheels every 3 tyre changes >.>
Tyres cost £25000 and wheels £30000

Even if you could afford one it's not a cheap car to own haha.

It goes through a set of tyres in 2.5k miles of normal driving?!
Original post by 0mgJohn

I don't know if it actually goes through them but you have to get them changed or no warranty.

It's probably how they make back some of that $4 million they lose on every car they sell.
It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can replace the tyres now in London as they have the machinery to remove the tyre. Prices similar to that of what is charged by the factory in France.

Relative to its price when new this car is dirt cheap now because of the cost to maintain this thing is even more expensive than having a private jet plus a helicopter.

Original post by Camoxide
I don't know if it actually goes through them but you have to get them changed or no warranty.

It's probably how they make back some of that $4 million they lose on every car they sell.

They didn't really lose money on each car they sold the same way BMC lost money on each Mini they sold.

Its more along the lines that they couldn't cover the R&D cost through the number of cars sold. VW had to pay for all the R&D cost and that includes the ones Michelin incurred to develop the tyres for this car.

Original post by 0mgJohn

Yes :smile:

The tyres can only withstand 12 minutes of being driven at the maximum speed. Granted it is actually an impossibility to drive it flat out for 12 minutes as you will run out of fuel in 4 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending