The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i might go see motorhead, not their biggist fan, but i do appreciate their music and im sure it will be an ace live show
Reply 41
tctc
primal scream, the automatic (can u stand up in the corn exchange?))>?

O2 NME rock tour thingy (i think)
prob hundred reasons
and the cooper temple clause YAY

by the way, weezer is not emo !

damn, loads of gigs

I was thinking about getting some tickets but thought i'd wait till i got down there and pray that they don't all sell out when all the students get back (which thinking about it they probably will).

will probably go to Hundred Reasons if i can though

Jigglypuff
I love emo...but not the type lots of people think of as emo. Not the whole 'OMGz I'm bleeding and dying cos she hates me' type stuff...I enjoy post-hardcore type emo. Thursday, Sunny day real estate, etc. Also into the poppier emo/geek-rock type thing- Get Up Kids, Ozma, Weezer.

Get Up Kids, Weezer and Ozma are all amazing bands. Thursday are pretty good too but I don't really listen to much of that post-hardcore stuff.
Reply 42
Hey,i'm into lots of that kinda stuff, queens of the stone age, system of a down (both are incredible live), foo fighters, radiohead, rage against the machine, razorlight, a bunch of stuff out at the minute... the list is endless and varied, though i do take my notions for mellow stuff like Jeff Buckley...

The Kambar, eh?
MC REN
Get Up Kids, Weezer and Ozma are all amazing bands. Thursday are pretty good too but I don't really listen to much of that post-hardcore stuff.

Thumbs up for good taste :smile: Ozma have reformed now, they split up a year or so ago, which is pretty great. RIP Get Up Kids and (perhaps?) Weezer though. :frown:
Reply 44
Jigglypuff
Thumbs up for good taste :smile: Ozma have reformed now, they split up a year or so ago, which is pretty great. RIP Get Up Kids and (perhaps?) Weezer though. :frown:

sweet, knew they'd split up but hadn't heard they'd reformed. Just heard 2 of their new songs, "Barriers" is so nice

If/when they come over here i'm gonna see them unless they do something stupid like refuse to play anywhere but southampton and edinburgh
Reply 45
So which of you are actually serious about going to see BFMV?
Anyone heard of Joe Satriani??
Reply 47
-x- Lici

Yer, he's ok but I never really got into any of the guitar hero guys, prefer less technical/more melodic poppy rock really

You a big fan or something?
Yeah i think he's fantastic!! Melodic, poppy rock is good too!

Who's been talking about the KamBar in cam??
Reply 49
whats Kambar? a bar i presume, but is it a gig place too then/ hall? where can we see what theyre showing and is it a ticket place or turn-up place?
Reply 50
-x- Lici
I don't really follow stuff like that but I like it. I'd quite like to go to G3 if it comes over here. And I'm not busy.

Since I started going to Cambridge I haven't been to so many rock concerts. I've gone all folky, which is better because they're cheaper since no one likes them and you don't have to buy tickets months in advance because otherwise they'll sell out.

It took me a while to work out what the /,,/, thing was meant to be. Clever.
its a bar...with lots of room to dance...but its dirty - though it has these almost pure sugar alcohol test tube downer things... music is either very good,...or naff...naff...naff
Reply 52
hey noice! test tubes...reminds me of a film....which one...?
The Kambar has some obnoxious DJs. Then again, most DJs tend to be obnoxious.

If you go to the charity events they have with live bands, you may well see me. Or go to anything in Clare Cellars and that's a given, pretty much.
Reply 54
thao
hey noice! test tubes...reminds me of a film....which one...?

Miss Congeniality methinks
Reply 55
Rogery
Bullet for my valentine are playing in cambridge in october (i think) supported by bleeding through. Neone thinking of going?

dammit...if only i were coming up in october! :p: .... Well on the upside i'll be seeing Slayer, In Flames & Children of Bodom in Paris when I'm at the Sorbonne...so that really does beat Bullet :biggrin:
Reply 56
o yeah!!! miss congeniality, with the awesome looking bar where u get to play with paint and paint balloons and stuff. anything like that round cambrigde? foam party?? anything???
Reply 57
lucho22
dammit...if only i were coming up in october! :p: .... Well on the upside i'll be seeing Slayer, In Flames & Children of Bodom in Paris when I'm at the Sorbonne...so that really does beat Bullet :biggrin:

Its in November November Novembeeeeeeeeeeer
thao
o yeah!!! miss congeniality, with the awesome looking bar where u get to play with paint and paint balloons and stuff. anything like that round cambrigde? foam party?? anything???

I read King's recently had a foam party.
Reply 59
Foam party sounds fun. I've heard bops at oxford have themes, like some of the first bops they're having are Pirate and Fairy ones or something. Anything like that at Cambs?

Latest

Trending

Trending