The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi jergo
Best thing to do is to contact the foundation studies department.
You can call them on 01509 222 566 or email them at [email protected]

Hope this helps

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by D123xo
When does acconmodation open for 1st years

Hi D123xo

Accommodation opens in May. You'll get an e-mail from the accommodation centre with everything you need to know and what you need to do.

Vicky
Hey guys! Good luck with all your applications into Loughborough :smile:

Check out and join the link below - it provides UK university offer holders & applicants some great information on the lead up to freshers week!

So click 'JOIN' & make sure you share amongst your friends who are also going to uni this year!

facebook.com/events/742712939169549/
I firmed loughborough in january.. When do I apply for accommodation
Original post by charan04
I firmed loughborough in january.. When do I apply for accommodation

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2885449&page=13&p=53751147#post53751147
If I was to put Loughborough as my insurance, should I still apply for accommodation there before my results, rather than risk not getting the type of flat that would be best for me if I end up going there?

Please quote me when you reply so I get a notification! :smile:
Original post by Emily.97
If I was to put Loughborough as my insurance, should I still apply for accommodation there before my results, rather than risk not getting the type of flat that would be best for me if I end up going there?

Please quote me when you reply so I get a notification! :smile:

Hi Emily.97

If you choose Loughborough as your insurance, you can't apply for accommodation. In the event you don't get in to your firm choice, you'll get an e-mail from our accommodation team. Although we can't guarantee you halls accommodation,
we promise to help you secure University allocated accommodation either on campus or by referral to an off campus approved provider.

Vicky

Reply 248
I'm not sure which number to ring, I am planning to add Materials Engineering through Extra but need to confirm that the university will accept my application before I do so. Do I ring the department or general admissions?
Original post by drwhat
I'm not sure which number to ring, I am planning to add Materials Engineering through Extra but need to confirm that the university will accept my application before I do so. Do I ring the department or general admissions?

Hi drwhat

You need to contact the department directly.
The admissions tutor is called Simon Hogg and his number is 01509 223 332.
If you can't get hold of him, it's worth trying the general enquiries line for the department on 01509 222527.

If you need any more info, let me know.
Vicky
Reply 250
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi drwhat

You need to contact the department directly.
The admissions tutor is called Simon Hogg and his number is 01509 223 332.
If you can't get hold of him, it's worth trying the general enquiries line for the department on 01509 222527.

If you need any more info, let me know.
Vicky

Thank youuu! :-)
You're welcome :smile:

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

I have received an offer for Accounting and Financial Management but I haven't firmed it yet. I was wondering if I would be able to change my course; I have International Business in mind. How would I go about doing so?

Thanks
For any current students- what are societies like? I'm inclined to take up dancing (particularly ballet) but don't really have experience and am worried that it'll be really competitive .
This is some information for all prospective applicants. (I’ve shamelessly nicked Potally_Tissed thread for 2014 applicants as it was great :biggrin:)

It's also a thread where you can have a general chat and ask any questions you can't find the answer to.

The most common FAQs are answered in the drop downs below, so have a look there first.

There are a lot of answers on the University website too, but feel free to ask here if you can't find what you need.

Before Applying

How to Apply

Entry Requirements

International students

Mature students

Deferred Entry

Fees and Finance

After Applying

How long does it take to reply

Interviews

Visit Days

Rejected despite meeting the minimum entry requirements

After Receiving an Offer

Replying to an offer

Accommodation

Results Day and Clearing

I hope all of this helps a bit towards answering some of your questions!

Vicky

Hey Loughborough?

I want to apply for MEng Aerospace Engineering. how strict are you when it comes to applications?
Reply 255
Original post by Emily.97
For any current students- what are societies like? I'm inclined to take up dancing (particularly ballet) but don't really have experience and am worried that it'll be really competitive .

The societies are great, and open to anyone, of any and all abilities, you'll find there run by enthusiastic friendly people :smile:

The main one is the dance society (Which includes ballet, http://loughboroughsport.com/au-dance ) I myself are not a member, can't dance to save my life, but have a look, and speak to the friendly guys at your freshers fair, you'll find all the information you are looking for :smile:

There are two other dance societies Street Dance ( http://www.lsu.co.uk/society/streetdance/ ) & Belly Dance ( http://www.lsu.co.uk/society/LSBDS/ )
Original post by fbrep2012
Hi Vicky,

I have received an offer for Accounting and Financial Management but I haven't firmed it yet. I was wondering if I would be able to change my course; I have International Business in mind. How would I go about doing so?

Thanks

Hi fbrep2012
You'd need to contact the Business School directly. If you speak to a lady called Charlotte Connor, she'll be able to help you out.

Her number is 01509 223393 or you can e-mail her [email protected]

Vicky
Original post by WhosWavey
Hey Loughborough?

I want to apply for MEng Aerospace Engineering. how strict are you when it comes to applications?

Hi WhosWavey

Not sure what you mean by strict when it comes to applications? If you mean with predicted grades, you'd need to be very close to entry requirements with a view to improving them to get the necessary grades. They'd look at your whole application and if they can see potential, you may get an offer.

Sorry if this isn't what you're asking!
Vicky
Hi WhosWavey

Not sure what you mean by strict when it comes to applications? If you mean with predicted grades, you'd need to be very close to entry requirements with a view to improving them to get the necessary grades. They'd look at your whole application and if they can see potential, you may get an offer.

Sorry if this isn't what you're asking!
Vicky

Hi Vicky,

What things would the uni look to see if you have potential? Things like Work Experience? And how regularly does the uni tend to lower entry requirements?

Thanks for the help
Hi WhosWavey

I think the best thing to do is to contact the department directly and have a chat with them. Yes work experience and the like do help, but they'd be able to give you more info.

Best person to talk to is Sue Rolland and you get her on 01509 227 272 or e-mail her at [email protected]

Hope this helps.
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending