The Student Room Group

What's your university goal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:biggrin: What kind of job do you want? What are you studying? :smile:

Graphic Design, so I want to land some sort of marketing or inhouse design role. ^_^
Reply 21
Drop out
Original post by Roving Fish
Graphic Design, so I want to land some sort of marketing or inhouse design role. ^_^

:woo: That sounds awesome. :h:
To make it through a day without crying. :frown:
Original post by TroyAndAbed
To make it through a day without crying. :frown:

Aww, sounds like you're having a tough time of it, how are you doing?
Bloomin' 'eck those are some goals! :yy: I've probably asked you a million times before (sorry), but what jobs are you going to go for? :biggrin:

Well I like to set myself a challenge and I think the fact that I'll be doing my course, 3 extra courses, learning Italian, gaining work experience, tutoring, sending off applications and volunteering all within the same year could be the biggest challenge I've set myself so far! And I'm aiming to get into Investment Banking, specifically Trading or Structuring, however I understand that my chances are fairly slim, hence why I've tried to do as much as I can to stand out from the crowd :yep:
Get a 1st class degree (I will settle for upper second class, too) and a good job :smile:
I want as low a mark as possible as long as it's enough to get a 2:1. A perfect 60% average would delight me, is this weird?

Just feels like all the 2:1's and above get put in the same pile anyway, may as well not waste effort and leave myself enough time to enjoy my youth.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well I like to set myself a challenge and I think the fact that I'll be doing my course, 3 extra courses, learning Italian, gaining work experience, tutoring, sending off applications and volunteering all within the same year could be the biggest challenge I've set myself so far! And I'm aiming to get into Investment Banking, specifically Trading or Structuring, however I understand that my chances are fairly slim, hence why I've tried to do as much as I can to stand out from the crowd :yep:

Wow, that all sounds amazing. Don't burn yourself out though :zomg: You going to be a paid tutor at university? :smile: Good way to earn some extra £££. :smile:

Original post by x-Venezia-x
Get a 1st class degree (I will settle for upper second class, too) and a good job :smile:

:woo: What job do you think you want? :smile:

Original post by orange crush
I want as low a mark as possible as long as it's enough to get a 2:1. A perfect 60% average would delight me, is this weird?

Just feels like all the 2:1's and above get put in the same pile anyway, may as well not waste effort and leave myself enough time to enjoy my youth.

:lol:

Sounds good, so long as you're in the boundary it doens't really matter what the % is. :smile:
I wanted a 1st but I also didn't want to spend all my time in the library. I wanted to play a sport and be an active member of a society for the whole three years, and I didn't want to waste the chance to make friends and have fun and enjoy the university experience (although my work was still important). I think I managed to achieve that balance and my current aim is to continue this throughout the PhD- though I think I will have to be a bit more conscientious this time round. :tongue:
When I started uni I wanted a first and save some money.

Now I want to pass and join the rat race when I finish.
Reply 31
hopefully a 1st in my intercalated degree and a distinction in my main degree
Original post by TSA
When I started uni I wanted a first and save some money.

Now I want to pass and join the rat race when I finish.

:console:

:getmecoat:

Original post by lucaf
hopefully a 1st in my intercalated degree and a distinction in my main degree

:smile: Good luck with it! I'm sure you'll do really well :h:
Wow, that all sounds amazing. Don't burn yourself out though :zomg: You going to be a paid tutor at university? :smile: Good way to earn some extra £££. :smile:

Thanks, I don't think I'll ever burn out, especially not from this little amount! And not exactly, I'm a tutor at a local school, so it's a voluntary role and I'm also voluntarily giving up my time to help parent/tutor the first years who have my tutor too, so yeah, plenty to keep me busy! :biggrin:
What are you hoping to achieve by the end of uni? :h:

Could be anything - grades, life experiences... number of pot noodles eaten....

My goal was to try my absolute best, I feel like I achieved that. :smile:

If you've already graduated, have you achieved your goal? :h:

(Yes, I stole this idea from Miser :wink:)

I want to gain a first. I've never been the absolute best student, so I am determined to prove to myself that I can do it.
60.1%
Original post by Coffeetime
I want to gain a first. I've never been the absolute best student, so I am determined to prove to myself that I can do it.

Yes you can :dumbells:
To get a 2:1 and try and keep sane til the end of the year.
Original post by Eboracum
60.1%

I like this. EXACTLY 60.1%. Not a percentage more, not a percentage less.

Sounds like a challenge. :yy:
Work as hard as possible, not only knowing information but understanding it. Spend a year in industry, and hopefully get a job after graduation. I say hopefully, electronic engineers are in demand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending